Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Real silver lining to this weekend

3,737 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 3yo daughter has fallen in love with the Aggie Band. She's been asking our echo to play Aggie Band music for awhile, she loves listening to the War Hymn. We went to the Aggie Band 125th anniversary reunion for the UTSA game, and she saw the Band march in person for the first time. She got so excited that she's been asking to go back to the Aggie Band ever since.

We try to limit her screen time, but this weekend we were at my grandmother's and didn't have anything to play band music on but our phones. I showed her her first drills, and she was completely rapt. She'd get really excited for the Bugle Rank drills and squeal with excitement saying, "They're ready for the trumpets!" in anticipation of stepping off on Hullabaloo. Now she asks for the, "Fightin' Texas AGGIE Band!" with a lot of emphasis on, "Aggie," and tells me she wants the Aggie Band where they march.

So losing to lsu doesn't matter. After this weekend, the future is so bright I need shades.
Billy Bean
Jesus christ. LSU just broke their foot off in our ass and we're happy about our kids liking the ****ing band.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Billy Bean said:

Jesus christ. LSU just broke their foot off in our ass and we're happy about our kids liking the ****ing band.

Well that was stupid. How are they gonna play in the playoffs with only one foot?
Bunk Moreland
Billy Bean said:

Hey man. This is a discussion board about all things aggie football. There's no linear narrative even as much as some would hope so on here to just ***** non stop.

This thread isn't my cup of tea but it may be for others.
Unemployed
AG
I'm glad you have a kid to help you find the real meaning of life and to get your mind off of Aggie football.

All I got is this sixer of Miller High Life.
Decay
AG
It's not an Aggie loss without the customary "kiss your kids" posts.

In related news, the real SEC Championship might just be the friends we've made along the way.
Living Legend
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

My 3yo daughter has fallen in love with the Aggie Band. She's been asking our echo to play Aggie Band music for awhile, she loves listening to the War Hymn. We went to the Aggie Band 125th anniversary reunion for the UTSA game, and she saw the Band march in person for the first time. She got so excited that she's been asking to go back to the Aggie Band ever since.

We try to limit her screen time, but this weekend we were at my grandmother's and didn't have anything to play band music on but our phones. I showed her her first drills, and she was completely rapt. She'd get really excited for the Bugle Rank drills and squeal with excitement saying, "They're ready for the trumpets!" in anticipation of stepping off on Hullabaloo. Now she asks for the, "Fightin' Texas AGGIE Band!" with a lot of emphasis on, "Aggie," and tells me she wants the Aggie Band where they march.

So losing to lsu doesn't matter. After this weekend, the future is so bright I need shades.

Please delete your account.
ABATTBQ11
AG
If it makes you feel better, she likes watching football and thinks that every game on is the Ags. I don't let her watch a whole lot because she's to young for that kind of disappointment.
VatoLocoAggie
You know you're a great parent and that your parenting is on-point if your kids aspire with all their heart to graduate from A&M.

You show me a kid wearing Aggie attire and I will show you a future leader of our society and a kid that is on his/her way to being rich and accomplished in life.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
fieldtrailer
AG
Billy Bean said:

Jesus christ. LSU just broke their foot off in our ass and we're happy about our kids liking the *****ng band.

Nailed it.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Billy Bean said:

It's better than liking a foot up your ass.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Lateralus Ag
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

You know you're a great parent and that your parenting is on-point if your kids aspire with all their heart to graduate from A&M.

You show me a kid wearing Aggie attire and I will show you a future leader of our society and a kid that is on his/her way to being rich and accomplished in life.

Right. Bless your heart.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.