Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Larry Pryor Gone? - Need Info

6,076 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kentatm
TX scallywAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What'd I miss here?

247 & Sat Down South reporting. I didn't see presser but quoted Jimbo.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Ifishandlie
AG
The thread discussing his leaving ....

Look down
riverrataggie
AG
If you really are in a need to know like you said you would know.
Matsui
AG
Decided to move on. There will be around 20 in 2019 that won't be on the team in 2020.
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
Not talented enough to contribute here, no future in the NFL, too far along in his college career to transfer and play elsewhere. He really has no reason to keep playing and risk injury in garbage time against UTSA.
ccolley68
AG
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP said:

Not talented enough to contribute here, no future in the NFL, too far along in his college career to transfer and play elsewhere. He really has no reason to keep playing and risk injury in garbage time against UTSA.

If he really has no future in football, then what difference does getting injured in garbage time against UTSA matter? I don't think XYZ Inc or ABCorp are going to care that he had an ankle injury in November when he is interviewing for a job. What they may not look kindly on is quitting 99% of the way to the finish line in a collegiate athletic career.
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
ccolley68 said:

If he really has no future in football, then what difference does getting injured in garbage time against UTSA matter? I don't think XYZ Inc or ABCorp are going to care that he had an ankle injury in November when he is interviewing for a job. What they may not look kindly on is quitting 99% of the way to the finish line in a collegiate athletic career.

If you had the choice between risking a potentially life altering injury for basically no reason, or not risking said injury, which would you choose? Vernon Jackson broke his neck in a routine practice for christ's sake.

The idea that a potential employer is going to give two ****s that Pryor hung up the cleats to preserve his health and focus on academics/job searching is beyond stupid.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Spoken like a guy on the outside who has no idea why it actually happened.
turnag4
AG
A potential employer will more likely look at this as an intelligent decision that will make his long term success better. I stood next to Pryors mother during the teams walk-in before the Kentucky game last year, and had a brief conversation with her. She even stated then that he was focused on getting his degree and realized how important that was. Sounds like an intelligent young man to me.
AggieIce
AG
Has he graduated yet?
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
OldShadeOfBlue said:

You're right. I don't know anything concrete about why Pryor is off the team, nor do I care.
Al Bula
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

oh look at me! I stalk college athletes.
Spaceball 1
AG
You don't quit on your team mid season, your senior year. Something happened.

LandyOH
AG
Read Battalion article on Player Updates:

Fisher gave a run-down on the status of a few missing players:

Senior defensive back Charles Oliver may return
Junior defensive lineman Michael Clemons may return
Sophomore tight end Glenn Beal may return
Junior defensive back Keldrick Carper may return
Senior defensive back Larry Pryor no longer with team
Senior defensive back Roney Elam unavailable
Junior defensive back Derrick Tucker redshirting
TexasLeaguer
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

You don't quit on your team mid season, your senior year. Something happened.

We're 4-3. That happened.
Kentatm
ccolley68 said:

I don't think XYZ Inc or ABCorp are going to care that he had an ankle injury in November when he is interviewing for a job. What they may not look kindly on is quitting 99% of the way to the finish line in a collegiate athletic career.

Also, when bosses find out a job applicant didn't color between the lines in grade school they be like...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.