Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Football Jerseys

8,860 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by geb83
pdr0627
How long do you want to ignore this user?

What's it gonna take to get these back permanently? Tired of matte maroon helmet with gray facemask, and tired of stripes on shoulders
rbcs_2
AG
A time machine but set it up like Groundhog Day where it just loops that day over and over.
rgag12
AG
A time machine
BrandoC
AG
Keep matte maroon helmet, the letters and numbers the same but lose the mesh look.
rootube
AG
I'm interested in the jerseys used in our next national title game whatever those look like.
Snap E Tom
Maybe about a dozen more threads about it.
pdr0627
Snap E Tom said:

Maybe about a dozen more threads about it.
Sorry, didn't mean to waste your time
aggie_fan13
AG

we've been over this. we all agreed this was the best
cevans_40
AG
azulAg said:

we've been over this. we all agreed this was the best

No we didn't. Those pants are trash
Sponge
AG
Become head of the factory that manufactures jerseys. Ship this style no matter what a&m requests. Also be close friends with Adidas CEO so you won't get fired.
sleepybeagle
AG
rbcs_2 said:

A time machine...
BoxingAg84
ShortAndGross said:

What's it gonna take to get these back permanently? Tired of matte maroon helmet with gray facemask, and tired of stripes on shoulders
FIFY

KC_ChemE_2010
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

ShortAndGross said:

FIFY

Yes, those are the best!
Ag 11
AG
geb83
AG
Beg to differ . . .

Goodnight Irene . . .
Ringo88
AG
I like your version, because I despise the high school-ish "big name on front" look that showed up during the R.C. years.

Can "we all agree" that looks like those old airbrush t-shirts from Six Flags with your first name on the front?
Dale Gribble
Ringo88 said:

I like your version, because I despise the high school-ish "big name on front" look that showed up during the R.C. years.

Can "we all agree" that looks like those old airbrush t-shirts from Six Flags with your first name on the front?

No we can't all agree. That practice uniform looks like trash. I like the Texas A&M across the front.
Kanyes psychiatrist
nate10 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

ShortAndGross said:

FIFY

Yes, those are the best!
Looks like maroon version of tu & OU & 2007 Arkansas which most of Texags probably loves since they obsess over tu. Heaven forbid we look unique with stripes and perfect mix of classic and modern, we need to look boring and plain. The jersey design with the shoulder stripes and no name on the chest the circle logo is the perfect jersey. Our current shoulder stripes are badass.
pdr0627
Kanyes psychiatrist said:

nate10 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

ShortAndGross said:

FIFY

Yes, those are the best!
Looks like maroon version of tu & OU & 2007 Arkansas which most of Texags probably loves since they obsess over tu. Heaven forbid we look unique with stripes and perfect mix of classic and modern, we need to look boring and plain. The jersey design with the shoulder stripes and no name on the chest the circle logo is the perfect jersey. Our current shoulder stripes are badass.
Not about an obsession with either of them. It's just liking a more traditional, classic jersey. Those teams happen to have them, yes, but correlation does not equal causation
TxAg76
AG
ShortAndGross said:

Kanyes psychiatrist said:

nate10 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

ShortAndGross said:

FIFY

Yes, those are the best!
Not about an obsession with either of them. It's just liking a more traditional, classic jersey. Those teams happen to have them, yes, but correlation does not equal causation

And the shoulder stripes are just enough to make em different....
geb83
AG
Quote:

Not about an obsession with either of them. It's just liking a more traditional, classic jersey. Those teams happen to have them, yes, but correlation does not equal causation.

What the . . . ?

We're not writing a thesis . . .

This is simple . . . a question . . .

choose a uniform look that mimics all the other "traditional college uniform" looks, or do something unique.

Be different . . . stand alone. Embrace a uniform that is classic Texas Aggie with nods to the past. Clean, simple and unique. One that will endure over time. Where with talent, top coaching and a little luck, will eventually becoming iconic.

Embrace it, win in it, and watch all the future 4 and 5 stars clamor to wear it and make their contribution to our great university.

AG1996
Remove bevel, white face mask and you have a great uniform with our current
cevans_40
AG
geb83 said:

Quote:

Not about an obsession with either of them. It's just liking a more traditional, classic jersey. Those teams happen to have them, yes, but correlation does not equal causation.

What the . . . ?

We're not writing a thesis . . .

This is simple . . . a question . . .

choose a uniform look that mimics all the other "traditional college uniform" looks, or do something unique.

Be different . . . stand alone. Embrace a uniform that is classic Texas Aggie with nods to the past. Clean, simple and unique. One that will endure over time. Where with talent, top coaching and a little luck, will eventually becoming iconic.

Embrace it, win in it, and watch all the future 4 and 5 stars clamor to wear it and make their contribution to our great university.

Good theory. Our current uniforms are not good. We need to go back to white facemask and lose the shoulder stripes and the ******ed incorrect bevel.
PyriteAg
AG
I like the old jerseys, but I still don't get all the hate for the matte helmet.
cevans_40
AG
Dario said:

I like the old jerseys, but I still don't get all the hate for the matte helmet.

I think the main issue is the white facemask. I don't think it would look good on the matte helmet. And a lot of it has to do with getting rid of everything Sumlin.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I don't understand the appeal of the matte helmet. We're not a inner city junior high.

Too me it just looks like a car without it's final coat of paint. Like we didn't budget enough money to finish paying Adidas.

Either way, we need to track down whatever woke ****ers are surveyed in A&M's uniform focus group and slap'em in the face.

(but not too hard b/c they're probably like12 year olds)
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Ed007
AG
If nothing else, please get rid of the ugly cheap looking Big 12 style bevel on the numbers. That alone ruins our current look.
30wedge
Ed007 said:

If nothing else, please get rid of the ugly cheap looking Big 12 style bevel on the numbers. That alone ruins our current look.
The first consideration for any uniform should be losing the bevel.
ABATTBQ11
AG
sleepybeagle said:

rbcs_2 said:

A time machine...

Let's be honest... This is a great idea.
geb83
AG
Quote:

Good theory. Our current uniforms are not good. We need to go back to white facemask and lose the shoulder stripes and the ******ed incorrect bevel.

Why don't you get it? The shoulder stripes are the only thing about our uniform that IS instantly recognizable, making it unique.

Trust me, after our first Natty under Jimbo, you will grow to love it.

Agree with one thing: the bevel is a cancer, . . . lose it.

Note though, you don't see a bevel in the pic above.

Forgive the edit, but I would be remiss if I didn't add that black footwear is a must with this look, home and away.

I look forward to hopefully, seeing them on the field soon.
Ed007
AG
geb83 said:

Quote:

Why don't you get it? The shoulder stripes are the only thing about our uniform that IS instantly recognizable, making it unique.

Trust me, after our first Natty under Jimbo, you will grow to love it.

Agree with one thing: the bevel is a cancer, . . . lose it.

Note though, you don't see a bevel in the pic above.

Agreed. This uni is perfect. It is a classic unique look that fits the SEC style too.
aeon-ag
ShortAndGross said:

I got tired of the shoulder stripes during the Bellard days!
geb83
AG
Just because I have a keyboard and I can . . .

Beat the Hell . . . Damnit !!
TxAg76
AG
geb83 said:

Just because I have a keyboard and I can . . .

Beat the Hell . . . Damnit !!

Black shoes not necessary. Get the right shade/finish of maroon, same as what C Kirk is wearing here, and don't introduce another color unnecessarily...
Ozamataz Buckshank
AG
icy whites every single game
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.