Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'll say it. We should never lose to Mississippi schools or Arky

9,372 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cmac94
McKinney Ag69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We should never lose to schools from those scruba*s states. They have no resources, money, or recruits in state. We have more students, money, and resources than the Mississippi schools combined. If we want a shot at the SEC west, those should be automatic wins every year with us scrapping to beat the other big 3.
unimboti nkum
AG
Dear diary...
Joe Exotic
AG
Alabama is one of those states.
cevans_40
AG
Words like always and never don't belong in a rational conversation. But maybe this wasn't an attempt at rational.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Yes but they have a history of national championships and elite coaching.
PyriteAg
AG
Terrible comment.
aglaes
AG
To say that the state of MS has no in state recruits is just flat wrong. They have one of the highest # of P5 recruits per capita of any state.
Reno Hightower
Jordan Ta'amu will look like a Heisman candidate 11/10/18. Book it!
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Lol... Mississippi schools own us...

Not sure we "should" beat anyone...

Especially not w a secondary that makes Fitzgerald look like Marino
Coog_aTm
gigem17 said:

We should never lose to schools from those scruba*s states. They have no resources, money, or recruits in state. If we want a shot at the SEC west, those should be automatic wins every year with us scrapping to beat the other big 3.
Unless you can buy talent like Ole Miss did, we really don't have some great advantage. I've lived in South and it simply comes down to demographics and number of schools in a state. Mississippi has a ton of athletes in state and only has two schools competing for them. Same thing for Alabama. The divided loyalties in the state's population are only divided by by two instead of ten like in Texas. LSU and Georgia have even a greater advantage because they are pretty much the only show in town with a huge amount of talent in their respective states. We do need to start beating the Mississippi schools on a regular basis if we are going to reach the next level.
TXAggie2011
AG
aglaes said:

To say that the state of MS has no in state recruits is just flat wrong. They have one of the highest # of P5 recruits per capital of any state.

Surely, with one capital each, Texas has a much higher per capital rate than Mississippi!
quanah
Mississippi has more capitals per capita
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

The divided loyalties in the state's population are only divided by by two instead of ten like in Texas.

Who are the ten Texas schools with a bunch of loyalties from top recruits?

And sure, we have more major programs...the fact remains Mississippi has less than 3 million people and a good per capita rate only gets that so far.
Coog_aTm
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

The divided loyalties in the state's population are only divided by by two instead of ten like in Texas.

And sure, we have more major programs...the fact remains Mississippi has less than 3 million people and a good per capita rate only gets that so far.

I exaggerated on the ten schools, but even Tech, TCU, Houston, Baylor can pull recruits that would start for us. Hell, UTSA had a high draft choice last year. Not to mention out of state schools that are pilfering recruits. Texas kids go for the flavor of the month that is why recruiting momentum is even more important for us. Auburn can lay an egg and they won't fall of the face of the Earth because they will always have a ton of in state talent that will go there. Don't give me the overall population comparison. That is a dumb argument. Trying not to be too sensitive, but look up the demographics between Tejas and Mississippi. New York state has more population than Mississippi also and how many D1 football athletes come out of New York. There are a ton of athletes in Mississippi and it also hosts some of the best JUCO teams in the country.
cc10106
gigem17 said:

cc10106 said:

shut the **** up

Go f*** yourself *****. Die in a fire.

Deep breath, OP.

Bama recently lost to Ole Miss two years in a row and nearly did three in a row. They also barely escaped Starkville last year, something Auburn couldn't do this year.

Those are two programs A&M isn't on par with historically who have lost to the MS schools, and even if A&M was a top tier program this kind of unfounded, sip-esque arrogance would still be laughable. No amount of money or traditions will ever change this.

What is with all these new money Aggies acting so entitled?
Aston04
AG
Coog_aTm said:

gigem17 said:

We should never lose to schools from those scruba*s states. They have no resources, money, or recruits in state. If we want a shot at the SEC west, those should be automatic wins every year with us scrapping to beat the other big 3.
Unless you can buy talent like Ole Miss did, we really don't have some great advantage. I've lived in South and it simply comes down to demographics and number of schools in a state. Mississippi has a ton of athletes in state and only has two schools competing for them. Same thing for Alabama. The divided loyalties in the state's population are only divided by by two instead of ten like in Texas. LSU and Georgia have even a greater advantage because they are pretty much the only show in town with a huge amount of talent in their respective states. We do need to start beating the Mississippi schools on a regular basis if we are going to reach the next level.
I'd buy that maybe when the SWC was still going. Us and horns are clearly getting the top level of recruits over other Texas schools. Our n-state competition really is OU, Texas, LSU, Bama, and then random other school once and a while poaching a kid. Not bad. We are certainly have equal recruiting footing as say OU, who almost has no talent in-state.
Aston04
AG
Quote:

I exaggerated on the ten schools, but even Tech, TCU, Houston, Baylor can pull recruits that would start for us.

Of courrse random guys we don't offer--- some will pan out and could have been starters. That's true for LSU too with a few Tulane guys. Those kids are still irrelevant if we would never offered them.

As far as I know- Tech hasn't won a head to head recruiting battle against us in years (signed a guy we legitimately offered)--- even when the ship starting sinking with Sumlin.
Synopsis
How does a state like Mississippi have so much talent? I need to look at their roster and see if this is really true about their in state talent. If so, very interesting.
Aston04
AG
According to Wikipedia- Mississippi is 37.5% African American. Texas is approximately 11.8% African American. When over half the players on the field are from that ethnicity, it makes sense why talent is more dense in that state.
quanah
Synopsis said:

How does a state like Mississippi have so much talent? I need to look at their roster and see if this is really true about their in state talent. If so, very interesting.

Because Mississippi is in the South, where football in the most popular sport, and they have a lot of big strong fast black dudes.
Coog_aTm
Aston04 said:

Quote:

I exaggerated on the ten schools, but even Tech, TCU, Houston, Baylor can pull recruits that would start for us.

Of courrse random guys we don't offer--- some will pan out and could have been starters. That's true for LSU too with a few Tulane guys. Those kids are still irrelevant if we would never offered them.

As far as I know- Tech hasn't won a head to head recruiting battle against us in years (signed a guy we legitimately offered)--- even when the ship starting sinking with Sumlin.

We did lose 5 star Hudson to Baylor a few years back. I know we lost one or two to TCU on the defensive side over the years. TCU beat out ut for some defensive linemen in recent years. If we didn't offer Mahomes that is definitely on us. Tech can't recruit much, but they can still pull in quarterbacks if nothing else. If we had fewer schools then there would be fewer options for recruits. It also dilutes the talent level at all the Texas schools which doesn't help the win/loss records and then causes some big time recruits to the leave the state - kind of a perpetual cycle. Having lived in some of these two schools states, it is definitely easier for those schools to recruit.
Coog_aTm
quanah said:

Synopsis said:

Because Mississippi is in the South, where football in the most popular sport, and they have a lot of big strong fast black dudes.
Pretty much sums it up.
Coog_aTm
Aston04 said:

According to Wikipedia- Mississippi is 37.5% African American. Texas is approximately 11.8% African American. When over half the players on the field are from that ethnicity, it makes sense why talent is more dense in that state.
I was trying to talk around it, but that is what I was trying to point out.

37.5% comes out to be 1.119 million in Mississippi
11.8% comes out to be 3.304 million in Texas, but we have way more in-state schools (even if you only include the major players) to pull the talent in different directions and over time creates more win/loss volatility for all the teams in Texas.
AggieDad74
gigem17 said:

We could always ask to be placed over in the SEC East!
TXAG 05
AG
cc10106 said:

gigem17 said:

cc10106 said:

shut the **** up

What is with all these new money Aggies acting so entitled?

This. So many people on here complain about the arrogance of UT fans, when they have become just as bad. They at least have a national championship and played for another one in recent history.
W
AG
what's frustrating...how much of it is simply timing on the schedule?

the Ags always play Arkansas in the first half of the season and beat them.

whereas A&M plays State and Ole Miss in the second half...and usually struggles (however the Ags did beat Ole Miss last season in November)
Toptierag2018
Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, and even Alabama pump out a ton of 5 and 4 star players for how big they are.

It's all the grits and cornbread they get fed to turn out all those big hulking kids that run 4.4's.
Synopsis
quanah said:

Synopsis said:

I guess this is as good as explanation as any.
TXAggie2011
AG
Coog_aTm said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

I exaggerated on the ten schools, but even Tech, TCU, Houston, Baylor can pull recruits that would start for us. Hell, UTSA had a high draft choice last year. Not to mention out of state schools that are pilfering recruits. Texas kids go for the flavor of the month that is why recruiting momentum is even more important for us. Auburn can lay an egg and they won't fall of the face of the Earth because they will always have a ton of in state talent that will go there. Don't give me the overall population comparison. That is a dumb argument. Trying not to be too sensitive, but look up the demographics between Tejas and Mississippi. New York state has more population than Mississippi also and how many D1 football athletes come out of New York. There are a ton of athletes in Mississippi and it also hosts some of the best JUCO teams in the country.

Population most certainly matters.

And we're talking about Texas, not New York where it is cold and half the population lives in a city you can barely find a place to throw a football.

Mississippi has good athletes for a place it's size. But their state has 15 total 4 stars in this recruiting cycle and there is a reason why Ole Miss and Mississippi State have a bunch of out of state players.

And a reason why neither has won a championship of note since the 1960s.
Synopsis
gigem17 said:

cc10106 said:

shut the **** up

Geez guys. What, are you both twelve?
Bottlehead90
AG
OP
Don't act entitled
We are not guaranteed anything
Jimbo is trying to establish "the new normal"
cevans_40
AG
Aston04 said:

Not sure if racist or serious
aeon-ag
gigem17 said:

What irritates me is the $75 million A&m paid for that pitiful ass performance last night!!!
Iowaggie
AG
It really wasn't a great day for Texas football (P5 conferences)

Besides A&M:

In the BDF, Texas, TCU, Tceh, and Baylor lost to OkSU, Kansas, ISU, and WVa.

Just to run down the rest of the schools

Houston won.
SMU lost.
North Texas beat Rice
UTEP lost
Texas State won

There's a lot of DI schools dividing up the Texas talent (along with almost every P5 school raiding the state).
cc10106
Synopsis said:

gigem17 said:

cc10106 said:

shut the **** up

Geez guys. What, are you both twelve?

It was the first thing I read this morning, and i have tinnitus from all the damn cowbells last night. Pretty frustrating game to watch, but '14 and '17 were much worse.

Then this thread actually got worse.

Great contribution, BTW.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.