Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Do we miss Kyler yet?

30,360 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hogfan14
H-town ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How Tua and Kyler took over college football

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24721834/tua-tagovailoa-kyler-murray-taking-college-football-over
Alta
AG
We got Mond - we are good.
class_of_26_ag
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401013066

We're fine he can only score 21 in regulation against Army. He should take the baseball cash and gtfo.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Kyler nearly lost to Army. OU would be the 3rd or 4th best program in the SEC West this year. They look like a better Ole Miss this year.
technoviking
AG
Alta said:

EMIN was WOW!
Tua and murray are not even in the same league.

ou has played no one, and should have lost to freaking Army at home.

Even Ole Miss, who is probably going to be in the bottom half of the SEC west this year, is head and shoulders above anyone ou has played.
ausag
AG
Simple answer......NO!
W
AG
yep, OU's schedule this year is awful. Headlined by their big non-conference game vs. UCLA (0-3). Of course the media pundits won't talk about that and just continue to heap on the praise
theeyetest
As long as they beat tu, I really don't care. Whoever wins the Big XII is gonna get f/ckin killed in the playoffs.
merch
I'm glad he is gone. One year player anyway.

Slow the roll on Big XII in playoff. No guarantee they get a team in, if OU slips up.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Alta said:

Based on...
Leeman
Yeah, I thought Mond looked very similar to how he looked last year. I'm not convinced that he nor Starkel will be our QB of the future.
usmcbrooks
No
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Leeman said:

Yeah, I thought Mond looked very similar to how he looked last year. I'm not convinced that he nor Starkel will be our QB of the future.

This is histrionics.
Aggie87
AG
2018 stats through the first 4 games:

Mond: 72 completions/122 attempts (59 pct), for 1020 yards. TD 7, Int 2. Rating 144.9
Murray: 60 completions/88 attempts (68 pct), for 1028 yards. TD 11, Int 2. Rating 203.0

Mond's stats aren't bad at all compared to Murrays, and Mond has played a **FAR** tougher set of opponents than Murray has.
AGinHI
AG
Not Kyler. Not Texas. Not the BDF.

No sirree.

Not in a train! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! Now let us be!

“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
hunter2012
AG
He still slides as soon as a defense gets within 10 yards of him. The SECW would have chewed him out by this point if he had stayed. He avoided contact against ARMY. As a dual threat, Mond is built much better for our division and Jimbo's Offense.
InMyOpinion
"Taking over College Football" - Seriously. When did Kevin start working for ESPN.

I guess I am ignorant - what exactly has Kyler done

1028 passing, 240 rushing, 14 TD's , 2 picks
vs 4 average to below average teams

While Kellen Mond
1020 passing, 201 rushing, 11 TDS, 2 picks
vs 2 below average teams and the best 2 teams in the country

I used Mond to keep it Aggie football related but one could argue there are several others that are better than Kyler. Why would you even put Kyler and Tua in the same category? That is an insult to Tua.
BombayAg
Let's not fool ourselves as usual.

If we had Murray we would be Jacking off to him. But he's gone and so we diss him. It's okay. Mond is our guy now and he seems to be shaping up well.
jmfshr
AG
Mond is a true Sophomore, playing in only his second season.. Kyler is playing in his fourth season. Experience matters. I don't know Mond's background, but I suspect that Kyler grew up around more money and benefitted from a wider variety of coaching during his youth. Hopefully, Mond will hang around for his Senior year.. then a more accurate comparison can be made.
sniperag
No disrespect here for Murray, hope he does well. The kid was one of the best HS quarterbacks I ever saw. Can't hate the kid and dad for seeing Sumlins BS before the rest of us.
Flashdiaz
AG
sure I can for the way he and his Dad went about it.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Kyler wouldn't have been able to finish the first half vs. Bama, much less the entire game.
TheBro
gigemtrev said:

As long as they beat tu, I really don't care. Whoever wins the Big XII is gonna get f/ckin killed in the playoffs.
Like last year?
Dolemite
AG
He is a living monument to Sumlin's failure.
WtHrOoOlPl
AG
Kyler is a Joe Montana sized passer with only half of the scrambling potential the GOAT has(d). He should switch to baseball right away before any serious injuries occur once they get close to bowl/playoff season and they have to go against an actual defensive line who will hurry him in the pocket.
Aggie Football is only played for 2 quarters, choose wisely.
'03, '09 Walton Loads
JST92
AG
Kyler can't take an SEC hit. Alabama or Clemson would break the child in two.
ordordordordord
Mort Rainey
He and his dad were cocky and obnoxious. But if we had any other head coach, he would still be playing for us
Artorias
AG
T-Shizzle
Most coaches play two quarterbacks in a season. I.E Jimbo playing Mond and Starkel Saturday. Also Saban playing Tua and Hurts Saturday! It's been countless more. Even after y'all say Sumlin screwed Allen. Murray still had the starting job before the bowl game, and decided to leave anyway! At some point you have to put the blame where it's due. These guys didn't wanna compete for the job! Sorry guys that's not on Sumlin! It's football ball 101!
Aggie87
AG
T-Shizzle said:

Most coaches play two quarterbacks in a season. I.E Jimbo playing Mond and Starkel Saturday. Also Saban playing Tua and Hurts Saturday! It's been countless more. Even after y'all say Sumlin screwed Allen. Murray still had the starting job before the bowl game, and decided to leave anyway! At some point you have to put the blame where it's due. These guys didn't wanna compete for the job! Sorry guys that's not on Sumlin! It's football ball 101!

5 exclamation points. This guy's serious.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
class_of_26_ag said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401013066

We're fine he can only score 21 in regulation against Army. He should take the baseball cash and gtfo.
To be fair he scored 21 points in 17 minutes. Army literally ran twice as many plays and dominated TOP. Pretty good strategy to keep Kyler off the field.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Dolemite said:

He is a living monument to Sumlin's failure.
To be fair part 2: Sumlin did keep Kyler from going to Texas. I'd take Murray at OU and Texas having underwhelming QB battles any day.
BuddysBud
AG
Mabel Choate said:

He and his dad were cocky and obnoxious. But if we had any other head coach, he would still be playing for us

Any other coach would have called the Murry's bluff when they threatened to go to Texas.
BombayAg
Flashdiaz said:

sure I can for the way he and his Dad went about it.

If my kid's future was in Sumlin's hands, I would go ballistic too.
Kyler was just unlucky. Jimbo would have been a great mentor to him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.