Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Alabama could beat the Buffalo Bills?

12,026 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PacifistAg
Whatthefunyo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know, this usually gets asked every year inserting the Cleveland Browns, BUT,

Could they?

I say they might have a chance this year. They look ridiculous.

And before everyone shames me, I am partially trolling, however, the defending NFL champs used to play college all-stars from 1934-1976 and actually beat them several times, most recently 1963.

Flame on.
Post removed:
by user
shaynew1
AG
No
Nitro Power
AG
They wouldn't be within 40 of the bills. This nonsense happened some years back (when Jacksonville was really terrible), the "line" on that game was somewhere around 40
Little Rock Ag
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

I know, this usually gets asked every year inserting the Cleveland Browns, BUT,

Could they?

I say they might have a chance this year. They look ridiculous.

And before everyone shames me, I am partially trolling, however, the defending NFL champs used to play college all-stars from 1934-1976 and actually beat them several times, most recently 1963.

Flame on.

The NFL from back in the day was way different than it is now. It would never happen today.
Sparkie
AG
I'd take Bama vs Carr and the total **** Texans OLine back then.
agdaddy04
AG
No way possible. The talent across the board is the best of the best in the nfl.
Post removed:
by user
AG
It would be over before it started.

The difference in talent level between the NFL and the best college teams is like night and day.
Toptierag2018
If you gave them back the players that still had a year of eligibility but went pro early (like Calvin Ridley, Minkah Fitzpatrick) they'd have a chance.

Tua>>>> Josh Allen or any other Bills QB. QB play is important
Sparkie
AG
agdaddy04 said:

No way possible. The talent across the board is the best of the best in the nfl.

If Fitz can throw for 400+ yards a game, the NFL isnt that talented.
jeffdjohnson
They would have the better quarterback. They lose but it wouldn't be embarrassing. That is also because thus Bills team appears to be a special kind of ****ty.
Duckhook
AG
tbrooksv
AG
They wouldn't even come close against the Texans. Tuablahblahblahblah would be carted off in the first quarter.
Cromagnum
AG
Could Bama score on the bills? Sure. Could they make a few stops? Sure. Would their be pain and injuries? Absolutely.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Somebody ban this idiot

GinMan
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

Could they?
Flame on.

halfastros81
AG
No, but Bama is probably going to beat everyone on their schedule convincingly provided Tua stays healthy

There's A pretty good gap between our talent and Alabama. If you combined our roster with another decent team like say LSU, then that gap would be eliminated imo. The NFL is skimming the top 5-10% of the entire college football talent pool
W
AG
remember Josh Allen was just playing QB at Wyoming last year. The Bama defense could probably hang for a half.

but the Bills defense would dominate Bama's o-line up front
AWP 97
AG
100% of the Bills players are NFL players. Not all of 'Bama's are. The Bills demolish 'Bama.
Fannie Luddite
AG
Even if the talent were equal, which it isn't, the age difference would be a factor. 25 year old > 19 year old.
Get Off My Lawn
Could Bama beat the Bills? Sure! Just make sure you name that game "The Superbowl."
Bayside Tiger Ag
Those of you who think Alabama wouldn't be competitive against the NFL's worst teams are delusional. This year's Bama team might be the best that has ever been in CFB.
Heisenberg01
AG
Whiskey Jacket said:

They wouldn't be within 40 of the bills. This nonsense happened some years back (when Jacksonville was really terrible), the "line" on that game was somewhere around 40

They wouldn't win, but to think they wouldn't be within 40 is equally ridiculous. The qb, LT, 2 LB's, 1CB, at the minimum would start right now for the Bills.
Coog_aTm
Why not ? Most of Bama's starters will be taken in the first couple of rounds. Bama has a better offense and defense for that matter. Bama has a vastly superior coaching staff than the Bills. As far as physical maturity, Bama has an NFL caliber DL and OL.

For over 40 years, a college all star team played the NFL champs in a preseason game and won 25% of the time and if you consider that all star teams don't have the cohesiveness and chemistry of established teams then that is even more impressive.

For example, 1969 Jets barely beat the college all star team 26-24.

People that don't think it could happen are either elitists or think that there is a perfectly structured hierarchy and someone like John Blake (former OU coach) is a better hire because he was an assistant with the Dallas Cowboys than a great high school or mid level college coach. Most of the coaches in the NFL suck, use a script, take no risks, but people assume since it is a higher level then they must be better. It is easier to coach in the NFL because there are not huge talent discrepancies between teams like in college and if they get fired, they will land a job as an assistant somewhere because it is one big fraternity.

Yes, I think Bama could beat the Bills by a couple of touchdowns on a given day. If they played ten times, I think they would beat them at least a few times. Rick Neuheisel and others think they could beat them also.
agdaddy04
AG
In a preseason game! **** the Texans went 4-0 in the preseason that they finished the year 2-14 in. Come on man.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
[URL=.html][/URL]
kthejoker
AG
Could Alabama beat a team of the best college players not at Alabama this year? Coached by Belicheck. Or whoever you want.

Or different question: could this year's Alabama team win the SEC if Chad Morris was their coach? Or your local HS coach?
Bottlehead90
AG
Saban was a 500 coach in the NFL when he had a roster of NFL players.

Saban lost to ULM with an Alabama roster composed of probably top 15 recruiting classes.
MatthewRothell
AG
Yes
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Whiskey Jacket said:

I think 40 is quite a stretch.
PacifistAg
AG
Coog_aTm said:

As far as physical maturity, Bama has an NFL caliber DL and OL.

A&M's defensive front basically shut down the Alabama running game. 109 yards at 3.9 ypc. That's the A&M defensive front 7, which may have a few players make an NFL roster. There aren't any 1st round picks in our front 7. The Bills would absolutely demolish the Bama running game, plus they have NFL caliber CB's and safeties to address the passing game. Bama would be like so many teams they beat down. They'd rely on busted assignments to move the ball. That may get you a freak touchdown. At that level, it won't keep you within 5 touchdowns.
PascalsWager
AG
BUT could Bama beat the Vikings? Let's just call them the greatest football team of ALL time. They'd go 19-0 in the NFL.
PacifistAg
AG
Currently:

Bills 24
Vikings 0

No, Alabama could not beat the Bills.
Coog_aTm
PacifistAg said:

Coog_aTm said:

As far as physical maturity, Bama has an NFL caliber DL and OL.

A&M's defensive front basically shut down the Alabama running game. 109 yards at 3.9 ypc. That's the A&M defensive front 7, which may have a few players make an NFL roster. There aren't any 1st round picks in our front 7. The Bills would absolutely demolish the Bama running game, plus they have NFL caliber CB's and safeties to address the passing game. Bama would be like so many teams they beat down. They'd rely on busted assignments to move the ball. That may get you a freak touchdown. At that level, it won't keep you within 5 touchdowns.
We actually have a 5 star and a couple of 4 star DTs and some of them Saban offered. I'm not saying Bama would destroy the Bills, but they could beat them. Rick Neuheisel pointed out the physical similarities in body types. Most of Bama's front seven will be drafted in the first two rounds.

Again, for 40+ years a college all star team beat the NFL champions 25% of the time and were competitive in many of the other games. That is an all star team which is not as good as a team that has gelled together.

This is all hypothetical, but the other thing would be who would have the psychological edge. The NFL can play some pretty uninspiring football and I think Alabama would be playing with "house money" and the pressure would be on the Bills to not get embarrassed by losing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.