Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2 dollar bills

12,566 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by texastexastexas
gooberman83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When we played Clemson at home in 2004, I met a group of tigers at a tailgate. They were very friendly and personable, as I was leaving the tailgate, 2 of them handed me $2 dollar bills with orange tiger paws stamped on them. When I asked what they meant, they explained that other acc cities/town had always accused Clemson of traveling well but not spending any money in away cities. They decided to start spending all of their cash at away games in $2 bills with tiger paw stamps to prove that they spent money at local restaurants and stores in away locals.

That being said, tonight was the highest quality, most well adjusted loss I have see from an Aggie team. In full disclosure, the first game I attended was TU '99 after bonfire collapse.

This team/coach/foundation is different than any that I've seen at TAMU. Gig'em!!
gooberman83
My point is, the Clemson folks are great, and we have a coach and squad that could surprise us this year.

Those surprises won't come with a "lighting in a bottle" player like the goat JFF, but from a more assured, team and coaching effort
gooberman83
Nobody else has seen a $2 bill with a ogre paw stamp on it??
Aggie
AG
gooberman83
Thank you for the correction
CrazyAgE
Both of my kids actually received one today from some Clemson fans when they asked us where the best entrance for them to go in to the stadium. I thought it was a very nice thing and the kids were all grins!
Girlhowdy
AG
Orange infected money.
Gig 'Em, Ags
AG
One Dollar Bill around here was enough.

We sure as hell don't need two.
OnlyANobody
I usually only read, but don't post here. But, there were a lot in my concession stand:

eta: Sorry it's so huge. Yikes.
FJB
AG
Don't you get $2 bills from strip club?
C Loves L
OnlyANobody said:

I usually only read, but don't post here. But, there were a lot in my concession stand:

eta: Sorry it's so huge. Yikes.

Just another reason to really like that fan base. Awesome
Law Ag 10
AG
I love that their prank is spending copious amounts of money in the opposing team's hometown. Can we play them twice per year??
Z Team
AG
I got some from the ref, said he didn't have room in his pockets or something.
flashplayer
AG
pedro_martinez said:

Generally only if you work there.
aggiebq03+
Law Ag 10 said:

I love that their prank is spending copious amounts of money in the opposing team's hometown. Can we play them twice per year??

Hopefully we play them again this season. Though I suppose it would technically be "next year" by then and it won't be in College Station.
Agnzona
I can't think of another OOC team I wouldn't mind playing semi regularly right now.
swc93
AG
This summer in SC I met a family member of the man that started this. I don't recall if he was the AD or just in the department. It was around 1976 after the $2 bills for the bicentennial came out. Clemson was playing Georgia Tech every year in Atlanta. Clemson asked GT to start playing games @Clemson like a real series. GT said F off, so Clemson scheduled a different team.
On the last trip to play in Atlanta, this guy told all the fans to pay for hotels, food, gas and whatever else with $2 bills. When the mayor of Atlanta saw how many $2 bills where now in circulation in his city and realized how much cash Clemson fans inject into the local economy he told GT to get off their high horse and work it out.

So now Clemson stamps them, defacing Govt. property mind you, and uses them like a calling card to help show how well their fan base travels.

Reminds me a bit of A&M's old relationship with LSU
TMartin
How many $2 bills were found in the officials locker room?
One Louder
AG
flashplayer said:

pedro_martinez said:

Generally only if you work there.
I hear Tom Herman carries a lot of them.
Sq 17
very good bull the ags should definitely steal this idea and do it with 10's & 2's to represent that we are the 12th man
Dad-O-Lot
AG
We should go one better and pay with $3 bills with "Aggies" on them!

Seriously, someone should print a bunch up to take to Clemson next year.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Showstopper
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

We should go one better and pay with $3 bills with "Aggies" on them!

Seriously, someone should print a bunch up to take to Clemson next year.
Your idea is to print a bunch of fake money and then transport across state lines?

This sometimes is said out of hyperbole, but I think it is true here: Worst idea in the history of Texags.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Make it obvious that they are fake. A goodhearted joke. A token to give Clemson fans that shows we appreciate their hospitality, and don't take ourselves too seriously.

People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
cypress-ag
AG
Z Team said:

I got some from the ref, said he didn't have room in his pockets or something.
Z Team - Post of the morning !
Hanrahan
AG
Still have the one I was given by a Clemson fan at the Chicken back in 04. Pretty cool tradition.
C2 Ag 93
Clemson fans sitting next to me gave me one at the end. It was pretty cool, and awkward at the same time. They didn't explain the way it came about (not sure they knew). So it was cool to see the why now.
Kramer
AG
Try finding one of those with a BYU stamp!

"BYU comes to town with the 10 Commandments and a $20 dollar bill and don't break either."
ClemsonTig
Those guys prefer a stack with 2s and 0s on them!
Leander - Ag
AG
TMartin said:

How many $2 bills were found in the officials locker room?
WyattAg89
AG
gooberman83 said:

Nobody else has seen a $2 bill with a ogre paw stamp on it??

I engaged a tiger fan at a bar, and as I paid the bartender, the guy gave me a $2 bill with the orange tiger paw. He told me that Clemson believes in showing others the fiscal capacity of their fans. I thought it was pretty cool!
texastexastexas
AG
My roommate does pedicabbing on the side for extra cash during the football season. Can confirm he has over $20 in two dollar bills thanks to Clemson tips. Great tradition and really friendly fans.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.