Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I just noticed Arkansas' 2018 schedule

6,670 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hogfan14
JaySugar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Arkansas' 4 non Conf. games, none of them are with a Power 5 School

E. Illinois
Colo St
N Texas
Tulsa

I thought the SEC rule was you had to play one game vs a Power 5 Opponent.
Seems strange.
Uncle Jimbo
Pretty sure they had Michigan on the schedule and Michigan cancelled.
JaySugar
they should have to forfeit one of those games.

PascalsWager
AG
Mississippi State has inflated their record and their garbage program for years with such nonsense.
edwardsk2003
AG
Quote:

Mississippi State has inflated their record and their garbage program for years with such nonsense.

and have beaten us 50% of the time....
Ag4coal
edwardsk2003 said:

Quote:

Tamu_mgm
AG
edwardsk2003 said:

Quote:

Yup. Which is also why we should almost never lose to them or Ole Miss again. Both Mississippi schools need to regress to the bottom of the SEC West where they belong. I sincerely hope Jimbo can make that happen.

This was probably the most damning thing throughout Sumlin's tenure is how overall crappy he was against the Mississippi schools since 2014, both of which each year we had no business losing to.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Arkansas needs all the help they can get in 2018, because those 4 games may be 80-90% of their wins.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Not ready to say book it but the UNT game could be a problem for the piggies. With Auburn and Ags the following two weeks, I could see the Hogs overlooking UNT and UNT can put up some offensive numbers. UNT has no defense but I would think a high scoring affair against UNT at home is not the confidence builder Chad was looking for going into SEC play.
jja79
AG
They were going to schedule Baylor, Tech or Kansas but that would have reduced their SOS too much.
hogfan14
Uncle Jimbo said:

Pretty sure they had Michigan on the schedule and Michigan cancelled.

Yep. Had to settle for Colorado State.

Quote:

Arkansas needs all the help they can get in 2018, because those 4 games may be 80-90% of their wins.

Probably, but with Vanderbilt and Ole Miss on the schedule making a bowl is attainable
YankAg13
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

How could four games be 90% of their wins? Maybe 66-80%
AtlAg05
AG
Math

W
AG
it's a very, very favorable Year 1 schedule for Chad Morris.

and Vandy is the East rotation opponent this year for the Hogs.

Morris needs to go at least 8-4.

tougher schedules are ahead
sshm
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

edwardsk2003 said:

Quote:

Yup. Which is also why we should almost never lose to them or Ole Miss again. Both Mississippi schools need to regress to the bottom of the SEC West where they belong. I sincerely hope Jimbo can make that happen.

This was probably the most damning thing throughout Sumlin's tenure is how overall crappy he was against the Mississippi schools since 2014, both of which each year we had no business losing to.
Sumlin would still be here if he hadn't lost to teams that were 5-6 or worse in the regular season against other competition.

2015 -- Beat Auburn at home and we finish at least 9-4, possibly ranked and Auburn misses a bowl game.
2016 -- Beat the Mississippi Schools and we finish with 10 wins. Finish Ranked.
2017 -- Avoid the 2nd biggest collapse in NCAA history and we finish with 8 wins. UCLA misses a bowl game.

People often say that failing to win the big game cost Sumlin, but it was those 4 games that sealed his fate more than anything else.

That said though, the Mississippi schools were both good in 2014. 2016 was inexcusable though, with or without Trevor injured.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

That's 4-4 in the SEC
Where are the SEC west wins coming from?

Meximan
YankAg13 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

How could four games be 90% of their wins? Maybe 66-80%

"And Arkansas is on pace to win 4.444 games this season..."
hogfan14
NyAggie said:

Quote:

That's 4-4 in the SEC
Where are the SEC west wins coming from?

If everything goes right I could see Missouri, Vandy and Ole Miss being wins. 2/3 of those are at home. But not sure where the 4th comes from. I'm sure we'll find a way to lose in Arlington again lol

8-4 would be a great first year honestly. Would be better than any regular season Bielema had.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.