Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kemah Siverand Grad Transferring

19,027 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Punked Shank
The Night Ag Cometh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiedent
AG
Masters degree...........awesome for him!! I don't think he ever broke into the 2 deep after he was moved to CB. Sadly it doesn't always work out for everyone.
ironmanag
AG
Awesome kid. Best of luck to him. Great Ag.
dixichkn
AG
No problem if he wants a chance to play. Wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. Gig'em KS. Go get that masters.
Arthur Stilwell
Right Rigger said:

Who?
This meme is so tired.
Meximan
crosswalk said:

Right Rigger said:

Who?
This meme is so tired.

It's also a bit disrespectful 'cause he came in with some hype.
TMF
AG
Best of luck. Career move. Smart decision.
Threadbare
I remember his name, but not much else. Receiver?
Potcake
AG
Meximan said:

crosswalk said:

Right Rigger said:

Who?
This meme is so tired.

Disrespectful despite the accompanying hype. That kind of comment usually thrown out by a 200+ dude.
gig em 02
Potcake said:

Meximan said:

crosswalk said:

Right Rigger said:

Who?
This meme is so tired.

Disrespectful despite the accompanying hype. That kind of comment usually thrown out by a 200+ dude.

Is that a reference to 200+ pounds? If so how small are you to think 200 pounds is big?
amercer
AG
Well unless you are 6'4 or taller, 200lbs puts your BMI in the fatty zone. Not that I'm one to talk
Tamu_mgm
AG
Good luck to you Kemah.

Was never going to get playing time here anyway.
Matsui
AG
Best of luck and congrats on the degree!
AG
BMI is a relatively useless metric, especially for athletes. At 6'1", my healthy range is 140-190 pounds according to the chart. I'm 208 right now and undoubtedly a little overweight, but anything under 190 and I'm stick thin. If I weighed 140 (within the "healthy" range), I would be on my deathbed.
amercer
AG
You aren't wrong, but I find that most people that complain about BMI aren't very "athletic "
C Loves L
aggiedent said:

Masters degree...........awesome for him!! I don't think he ever broke into the 2 deep after he was moved to CB. Sadly it doesn't always work out for everyone.

Sounds like it worked out perfectly.
usmcbrooks
Remind me again, who was the injured kid who was given a scholarship? I just want to know how he is doing.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Cedric Collins - was going to play CB but had a severe neck injury I think.
schmendeler
AG
crosswalk said:

Right Rigger said:

Who?
This meme is so tired.

I honestly have no idea who this guy is. What position did he play?
Aston04
AG
amercer said:

Well unless you are 6'4 or taller, 200lbs puts your BMI in the fatty zone. Not that I'm one to talk
That was a surprise to me last year at my physical when I saw on the screen I was labeled overweight (about 6'2, 205). Lopped off 20 pounds in 9 months. Hard work- but feels great.
MouthBQ98
AG
Depends on how much muscle you have. I train pretty hard and have a clean diet and my body fat is around 10%. I'm 5'9" 164 or so, BMI normal. A back like TW might be my height but 210, with about the same body fat%. Just a LOT more muscle. BMI would show obese, which is ludicrous.
MouthBQ98
AG
Depends on how much muscle you have. I train pretty hard and have a clean diet and my body fat is around 10%. I'm 5'9" 164 or so, BMI normal. A back like TW might be my height but 210, with about the same body fat%. Just a LOT more muscle. BMI would show obese, which is ludicrous.
schmendeler
AG
Quote:

discolored bed diet
what?
MouthBQ98
AG
Epic autocorrect fail.
schmendeler
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Epic autocorrect fail.
MouthBQ98
AG
Some how "pretty clean" became that, and it is pretty damn funny sounding.
SidetrackAg
AG
discolored bed diets
S.A. Aggie
AG
Good luck to you Kemah!!! Thanks for suiting up for the good guys!!
SeMgCo87
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

BMI does not account for somatotype ...

Ectomorph - Long, lean, or wiry... do not gain weight easily... Probably what you are

Endomorph - heavy, big-boned, higher body fat, gain weight easily...

Mesomorph - Muscular, stocky bone structure, ...Probably what TW is

BMI as a standalone measure is a farce, in my opinion.

"You are being watched..."
schmendeler
AG
SeMgCo87 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

BMI does not account for somatotype ...

Ectomorph - Long, lean, or wiry... do not gain weight easily... Probably what you are

Endomorph - heavy, big-boned, higher body fat, gain weight easily...

Mesomorph - Muscular, stocky bone structure, ...Probably what TW is

BMI as a standalone measure is a farce, in my opinion.
don't forget:

Animorph - can transform into any animal you touch
MouthBQ98
AG
I used to weigh 217, in a bad way. I'm closer to a mesomorph body type but missing 2 decades of muscle building excercise I've only recently been catching up on.
SeMgCo87
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I used to weigh 217, in a bad way. I'm closer to a mesomorph body type but missing 2 decades of muscle building excercise I've only recently been catching up on.
Here's an abstract from a paper re: BMI and Somatotype:

Quote:

Abstract

In a paper published in The Social Science Journal, Maddan et al. [Maddan, S., Walker, J. T., & Miller, J. M. (2008). Does size really matter? A reexamination of Sheldon's somatotypes and criminal behavior. The Social Sciences Journal, 45, 330344.] proposed that Body Mass Index (BMI) can be used as proxy for somatotype, a quantitative system for describing body build, in social science research. This paper tests this proposal using a sample of 200 males from an archival data set collected by Sheldon [Sheldon, W. H. (1942). The varieties of temperament: A psychology of constitutional differences (with S.S. Stevens). New York: Harper and Row Publishers.]. The data included somatotype data, height, and weight. BMI was calculated and individuals were assigned to the categories endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph based on the Maddan et al. BMI criteria. The BMI method was only able to correctly classify 110 individuals, 55% of the sample. This finding suggests that BMI is an inadequate proxy for somatotype.
The odd thing is there are many calculators for BMI out there, and they have started including age in some of them. That appears to allow someone with a BMI of 27 to be considered a "normal, healthy" BMI. Like you, that's why I think it's an absurd measure.

And they still refuse to use somatotype as part of the BMI equation.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Only in the Zoo can you go from a football player transferring to insulting someone about their weight based on a reply to discussing the pros and cons of BMI and somatotypes for determining a healthy weight.

Never change. Nicely done. Blue parachute for the entire thread.
MidTnAg
AG
Kemah Siverand.

Congratulations on graduating from one of the best universities in America and best wishes for your future graduate studies and your last year of college football.

Hope you succeed in both.
. . .
https://newsok.com/article/5603698/grad-transfer-cb-kemah-siverand-bound-for-osu

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.