Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Problems with WatchESPN app for Suddenlink subscriber...

23,920 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mister Mystery Guest
Mister Mystery Guest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a subscriber to Suddenlink. Both cable TV and internet here at the house.

On my desktop I can watch live streaming ESPN content via the hard-wired internet.

But on my iPhone and through my AppleTV, the WatchESPN app will not work.

The message it gives me is...

"Unable to Play Video. It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact Suddenlink at 877-694-9474 for more information."

...and I've been on hold a lot this morning. Surely, when I can find Suddenlink in ESPN's menu of cable providers, I ought to be able to stream somehow using the WatchESPN app, no?

Any Suddenlink subscribers here already figured this one out? I'm stumped. Thanks!
caleblyn
Not sure if same problem but I fixed an issue I had with PlayStation Vue by going to the watch espn setting from the "settings" link and turning off, "TV Provider".

caleblyn
My prob had something to do with my phone and watch espn wanting to use the built in tv app to provide service. I couldn't even find PlayStation vue as an offered provider. Once I turned it off, it gave me a different screen to login and then it worked.
BoobieMiles
Log out of sudden link in the ap and log back in. Same happens to me every so often
Mister Mystery Guest
That fixed it! Thanks a million!
dubhousag94
AG
All of the normal fixes for the watch espn app don't seem to be working for me this morning. I usually do the same thing described above but the app won't let me re-authenticate with suddenlink. You choose the subscriber and it ignores you. Any suggestions?

Never mind- turned off the tv provider in settings and that fixed it.
MightyDuck
Currently it doesn't seem to be working at all for me. It 'authenticates' through SuddenLink without asking my user/pass, and then fails to load any video claiming I need to re-authenticate. Identical results on Roku and phone, on Suddenlink network and phone network.
Azariah
AG
BoobieMiles
log out , choose provider ( suddenLink) , instead of pushing "continue " button push" login with another account "then log in and it will be all good . I have to do this almost every time I log onto a different wifi
atm86
AG
BoobieMiles said:

log out , choose provider ( suddenLink) , instead of pushing "continue " button push" login with another account "then log in and it will be all good . I have to do this almost every time I log onto a different wifi
And the cust service via text (in the app) said to authenticate with WiFi OFF, then turn it back on after it reauthenticates.
TXAG 05
AG
If you have cable, why not watch it on tv?
Mister Mystery Guest
Because the game that's being made available via the watchESPN app is not offered on cable. Like Aggie baseball versus Rhode Island. The only way to watch that on TV is through the watchESPN app, but Suddenlink seems to be denying it for some like me, even though we're subscribers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.