Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

QB1

10,066 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The_Accountant15
Right Rigger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who's your money on?
Schrute
We stole some coach's second best player for my son's flag football team - my money is on him to start for us.
TecRecAg
AG
I'd go with Starkel only because that seems to be the name that keeps getting thrown around.
La Bamba
AG
Whoever is more ass, my dude.
Bone6
It's QB1 a creation of the TV show Friday Night Lights, or am I not in on the joke?

I never heard QB1 uttered when I was playing in high school, and when Peyton Manning was asked about what the show got right and wrong about football, he said the show got a fair amount right but that no one ever refers to the starting QB as QB1.
Hu11abaloo
AG
AMD
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bone6 said:

It's QB1 a creation of the TV show Friday Night Lights, or am I not in on the joke?

I never heard QB1 uttered when I was playing in high school, and when Peyton Manning was asked about what the show got right and wrong about football, he said the show got a fair amount right but that no one ever refers to the starting QB as QB1.

I think it's just a more current term. I don't think it's from the show, as they didn't really show football past halfway through season 1
rbcs_2
AG
Whenever I see QB1, it always reminds me of this for whatever reason:

I always thought the term QB1 gained popularity because of fantasy football.
BoxingAg84
rbcs_2 said:

Whenever I see QB1, it always reminds me of this for whatever reason:

I always thought the term QB1 gained popularity because of fantasy football.

QB Eagles was virtually unstoppable.
QB Bills was Ok, and QB Browns was meh.
Rick Flex
AG
The term QB1 has become relevant with the fantasy football explosion.
Seanzy2012
AG
Didn't you hear? We're going all wildcat this year and just letting RBs & WRs take direct snaps.
fightinag
QB for games 1-3 and then 4-6 will both transfer and Hubenak will finish the 6-6 year in which Sumin gets a raise and contract extension ......
Yes...Im the eternal pessimist....but how can I not be ?
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

Yes...Im the eternal pessimist....but how can I not be ?
Quote:

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
hmm.....
Mort Rainey
Not Tate. And that's a good thing
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I dunno but I feel like we should know by now. It's about that time.
EliteZags
AG
Whoevers involved with he first offseason arrest

Not much time left tho
S.A. Aggie
AG
Must be a tight competition. Either they are all so good or so bad it's hard to make the decision.
aggieclay
What happened to the sips caught cheating thread?
Farmer84
Jarrett Stidham
Kyle Allen

Kenny Hill

Tate Martell

Kyler Murray

Jake Hubenak
Nick Starkel

Red shirt Kellen Mond
Eagle78
It will be Starkle. I cannot be Hubanek because he just doesn't have what it takes to get us to the promised land. It will not be Monday because that is putting too much on the shoulders of such a young recruit. Instead, Sumlin sees Mond performing better if Starkle falters and so the IMG product is called in to act as a rescuer. Sumlin probably believes Mond fulfilling the role of rescuer is a better way to introduce him as the A&M starter rather than the guy who starts the season as a true freshman. But make no mistake about it, he will keep Starkel on a very short leash.
impavidus
AG
Qb1,rb1, rb2, rb3, wr1, wr2, wr3, etc are extremely popular in fantasy football. I believe that's where it blew up.
cevans_40
AG
Farmer84 said:

Jarrett Stidham
Kyle Allen

Kenny Hill

Tate Martell

Kyler Murray

Jake Hubenak
Nick Starkel

Red shirt Kellen Mond

B- troll
runontexas
AG
sounds like every season
SilverTongueDevil
Eagle78 said:

It will be Starkle. I cannot be Hubanek because he just doesn't have what it takes to get us to the promised land. It will not be Monday because that is putting too much on the shoulders of such a young recruit. Instead, Sumlin sees Mond performing better if Starkle falters and so the IMG product is called in to act as a rescuer. Sumlin probably believes Mond fulfilling the role of rescuer is a better way to introduce him as the A&M starter rather than the guy who starts the season as a true freshman. But make no mistake about it, he will keep Starkel on a very short leash.
I agree here.

This would have been the ideal situation for K. Murray if not for the helicopter dad from hell situation. He had a chance to be a good change of pace option in certain situations but should have never started a game his freshman year.

Mond has great promise but the last thing we need is him getting banged up mentally and physically by the punishing SEC defenses. He's bigger than Murray but still.

Hopefully Starkel and come in and play well. I think its a bit much to think he will take the job with such command that we wont need to utilize the backup at times.

Hubes should only start if there is a season ending injury.
Leander - Ag
AG
King of the north
zephyr88
AG

A&M's QB1 Starkel

OSU's QB3 QB4 Martell

(edit for new information from OSU sportswriter)
NyAggie
AG
I think we open with starkel but I think all 3 guys will see meaningful action this season
trm94
AG
Starkel needs to stop forcing the ball - I'd go with Mond if it's a tight competition
bluecouchstudios
AG
Gonna be Starkel. He's deadly accurate. Threading the needle isn't forcing the ball. In the Spring Game, the kid threw some really great dropped passes.

PS - During the Spring Game, he got blamed once for Mond forcing the ball.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Eagle78 said:

Sumlin probably believes Mond fulfilling the role of rescuer is a better way to introduce him as the A&M starter rather than the guy who starts the season as a true freshman. But make no mistake about it, he will keep Starkel on a very short leash.
If that were true, which I doubt, Sumlin is gone for sure. A QB looking over his shoulder is a QB who will fail. That approach actually assumes failure. It will lead to a team failing to win.
AggieFanSince1955
I thought it would be Hubenak, but now I believe it will be Starkel.
Maroon Flash
AG
Without Sumlin, Manziel would have been riding the bench behind Showers. Mazzone has a good record with QB's.

This is one decision we don't need to sweat.
zephyr88
AG
Maroon Flash said:

HWithout Sumlin, Manziel would have been riding the bench behind Showers. Mazzone has a good record with QB's.

This is one decision we don't need to sweat.
Can't believe Garrett moved Showers to Safety... you seen Kellen Moore lately?
Mort Rainey
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
1995aggie
AG
Showers move had much more to do with Cooper Rush than Kellen Moore. But agree, Moore not looking good. Rush looks like a great pickup and solid backup with upside to that
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.