Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Direct. Tv

10,706 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HERKIMER80
Class of 65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will not carry the game on Saturday wasted 4 hours talking about showing the game yesterday
blumpkin
AG
SEC
Ags #1
AG
For real?
force_upon_you
Can we get a confirmation on this?
Expert Analysis
AG
Playing an 11am game the second week so we can be on the SEC alternate channel that isn't even going to be on all carriers....awesome
SidetrackAg
AG
Did you intentionally make your name "EAD"?
JimbloFisher
AG
I don't think you're right about that. Should be in SEC ALT channel 611-1.
Azariah
AG
DirecTV lists the SEC ALT channel, but when you tune there they do not actually show it. I changed from them over the summer, so that may change. I doubt it, though.
force_upon_you
quote:
Will not carry the game on Saturday wasted 4 hours talking about showing the game yesterday
You can stream the game if no cable/sat options.

front row sports dot com
AustinAggie08
AG
It should be available on WatchESPN right? Or will a directv login not show it on WatchESPN?
force_upon_you
quote:
It should be available on WatchESPN right? Or will a directv login not show it on WatchESPN?
I don't know. but you will for sure be able to stream it from the site i provided.
Azariah
AG
quote:
It should be.
JimbloFisher
AG
quote:
DirecTV lists the SEC ALT channel, but when you tune there they do not actually show it. I changed from them over the summer, so that may change. I doubt it, though.

I thought that was only the case when the game is moved to the ALT channel on short notice, i.e. If another game goes long or something. In the case of this game being scheduled on the ALT channel ahead of time, I believe it's supposed to be there.
Joe Exotic
AG
The OP is wrong. The game will be on the SECN Alternate channel on directv. The only time that channel doesn't work on Directv is when they put a game on there due to carry over. Since this one is scheduled it will be airing in full.
InnerCityAg
quote:
The OP is wrong. The game will be on the SECN Alternate channel on directv. The only time that channel doesn't work on Directv is when they put a game on there due to carry over. Since this one is scheduled it will be airing in full.

I agree with this.
Post removed:
by user
Class of 65
AG
EAD is my initials.When I spoke with the service dept and tech dept they told me the game was not in their schedule on the alt channel. If the Georgia game is finished early Direct TV would show what ever is left on TV on 611. Suggest you waste 4 hours of your life to change Direct TV's position.
I will cancel when my contract is up - my bill jumped from $105 per year to $214 per year is the main reason though.
BigAg95
AG
It will be on 611-1. Programming on the alternate channels doesn't typically show up in the guide until game day.
Spotted Ag
AG
quote:
EAD is my initials.

Well, that sucks
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
EAD is my initials.When I spoke with the service dept and tech dept they told me the game was not in their schedule on the alt channel. If the Georgia game is finished early Direct TV would show what ever is left on TV on 611. Suggest you waste 4 hours of your life to change Direct TV's position.
I will cancel when my contract is up - my bill jumped from $105 per year to $214 per year is the main reason though.

That's innaccurate. The game will be shown in its entirety on Sec alternate.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:

Don't believe everything you hear from India.
GinMan
AG
Go buy a Chromecast for $30, use your media device (phone, tablet) with wifi and shoot WatchESPN to your Flat Screen in your man cave.
SidetrackAg
AG
quote:
EAD is my initials....

Damn
The Collective
AG
They told you wrong. Don't trust some call center employee to give you correct information. Scheduled games for alternate always show up. I have the same problem with Dish and alternate when a game gets moved but never for scheduled games. I have no idea why the moved games are so hard for the providers to figure out though.
BigAg81
AG
The DirecTV online guide shows Nichols State vs UGA at that time on SEC Network Alternate. But the SEC Netwok guide shows that game on the regular SEC Network and our game on Alternate - go figure...
davom
As of last night, the A&M game showed up correctly in my guide on the SEC Alt channel. Only time will tell if it really comes to pass. I too have been frustrated with DirecTV touting the Alt channel and never actually using it.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Gave up on Direct TV & SEC Alt Channel, last year.

Still have Direct TV but bought a Roku and get A&M football, basketball, baseball etc even if a rain deluge is going on.

Please let me tell you about the Colorado-Pueblo vs. Colorado School of Mines game two weeks ago.

Plus I can tell you all you know about the Idaho-Montana State game.
Rocky Rider
AG
It's in the DirectTV Saturday listing in the Denver market. 611-1.
Aggie_2463
AG
Well I already set my DVR to the game at 11 am saturday. It's on the program guide on 611-1....
Ag86Hotard109
AG
quote:

How did you get direct for $105 per year or even $214 per year. I have dish now and I'd jump on that like Bill Clinton on an intern.
shalackin
AG
Its against PV....... who cares.
TexasAggie_97
AG
This is why I have season tickets. I don't have to worry about networks as long as I get my butt in my seat.
PFlat
AG
quote:
Well I already set my DVR to the game at 11 am saturday. It's on the program guide on 611-1....

+1
ccolley68
AG
quote:
quote:

How did you get direct for $105 per year or even $214 per year. I have dish now and I'd jump on that like Bill Clinton on an intern.

Maybe he should upgrade his programming package and he might get that game. Directv isn't worried about a subscriber who only paid $9/month last year, $17/month this year, and complains about not getting everything he wants

I switched from Directv (paying roughly $150:month) to streaming with SlingTV ($40/month) and will be using my SlingTV account to play it through EatchESPN. Much better option than Directv
schmellba99
AG
Shows up on my 611-1 channel.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.