Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

These kids are so soft it's ridiculous.....

4,881 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by trm94
reggienbigjimsbbq
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let me first say Coach Sumlin you have to be promising these kids they can play immediately. Maybe take a page from Saban's book "You will compete to play no one is guaranteed anything". If you set that standard then I agree some kids will not come but you will avoid these transfers and de-commits and the guys who commit are committed......

Now onto these soft a$$ kids. Let me get this right our receivers coach say we want players who are committed and loyal and then a few kids kids stop considering A&M because the coach wants them to be loyal and committed? You don't want those kids anyway and if I am Myles, Daeshon or Kirk I certainly don't want them in the huddle with me.

Of course I can't know for sure but my guess is Allen and Murray left in large part because they were not GIVEN the role they wanted regardless of their play. They wanted to be handed the role of starting QB and then blamed their bad play and lack of "direction" for their transfer.

Agreed Spav was terrible but Spavital was not stopping either one of them from watching film, lifting weights or practicing with their receivers to improve. Stop recruiting these pretentious spoiled kids who use social media as a way to feel like a star because they were "Joe Montana" in their hometown.
merc
AG
Whoever raises these kids is doing them no favors either.
Schrute
So many rooks starting threads today...

But I do agree with OP.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Hi coach.
W
AG
this is what happens when kids are told from the time they are 11, 12, 13-years old...that they are "special" and "the rules don't apply to them" because they are an athlete.

their egos are enormous by ages 14 and 15. They think they are young gods walking the earth
SourGrapes
Hello, everyone.
Muy
AG
If any of their parents are reading, you've failed as a parent.
SourGrapes
But they seemed so good right up to the moment they defected. Thank goodness we now all know that these degenerates were unworthy to be loyal Aggies like Knight and Ford!

The Aggies are better off without the four and five stars they once coveted and bragged about. They probably suck anyway...unless they recommit.
JSKolache
AG
quote:
Whoever raises these kids is doing them no favors either.
Granma-ma
TX_Aggie37
AG
Are we sure Tate decommitted because he's soft or is it possible/so hard to believe he just doesn't think A&M is as good a destination as places like Ohio State? Our QB situation has been a disaster and I can't say I'd be committed here if I was him either. If I'm the best rated dual threat in the country with equal offers to a perennial playoff contender vs a middle of the pack team, and I don't have any bias like we do as fans, I take the potential champion.The truth hurts sometimes...
jimscott85
AG
I can't help but think these kids would have been a bust had they stayed "committed" to A&M. Even quite a few of those who suit up are really "committed" anyway.

The reality that college football is a much bigger deal than whatever high school/district they played in for 4 years is lost on quite a few of these kids. I don't care if it's 1A or 6A, playing at a high level at the high school level is NOT even closely comparable to D1 football...especially the SEC West. There are very few who are just purely talented enough to take that leap without significant gains and improvement.

I think of Myles Garrett immediately. Guy is absolutely talented, that's for sure. But there is definitely some work ethic in that guy to be able to continue to improve and not rest on what he has already done. He wants to smash records and is willing to work to get there regardless of whether his natural talents are sufficient enough to be great.

I don't think things are that much different than they were 10 years ago talent wise. We just have visibility to these 4* and 5* recruits from their Sophomore years in high school (or sooner).

The other difference is something eluded to in previous posts. Kids are now told they can do anything they want, and the follow-up to that ("if you're willing to work for it") has become silent. If they have the talent at the high school level it doesn't even occur to them that the have to continuously improve to reach, and be successful at, the next level.
TexasAggiesWin
S
There are plenty of kids/athletes that bust their tails to succeed on the field. Of course, though, since someone decommitted to the Aggies, all kids are poons and unwilling to put in the time to be good.
AgPediRPh
AG
Yeah they're soft. Unfortunately they are also really good at football
reggienbigjimsbbq
Are we sure Tate decommitted because he's soft or is it possible/so hard to believe he just doesn't think A&M is as good a destination as places like Ohio State? Our QB situation has been a disaster and I can't say I'd be committed here if I was him either. If I'm the best rated dual threat in the country with equal offers to a perennial playoff contender vs a middle of the pack team, and I don't have any bias like we do as fans, I take the potential champion.The truth hurts sometimes...

Tate Martell has 10+ people advising him from his parents coaches and every other person trying to latch on to the kid. If he thought that then he should not have committed to A&M and kept co-signing his decision. You can't be committed for a number of months telling everyone you are a 100% Aggie and looking forward to working with the coaching staff then all of a sudden say "it's not a good fit".
TX_Aggie37
AG
Maybe I'm the only one but I was 0% surprised to find out he decommitted and had been anticipating him doing it for a long time... Kids that commit that early always do, which is my biggest problem with it. If it was me, I'd wait to give any sort of commitment until at least my senior season or even just wait til signing day and make a legitimate commitment when I wrote my name on the damn paper
PeekingDuck
AG
You aren't the only one. I'm not surprised in the least and I don't care. We need less midget QBs in the SEC.
Muy
AG
I'm not calling these guys poons. I'm calling their entire generation (a good chunk of them) poons.
aggieaviator
AG
These spoiled brats and their sense of entitlement are making it harder to want to support college athletics. Still a lot of good young men on our team but it seems rooting out the bad attitudes is getting harder and harder each year. Better off without the drama queen. How do we keep getting mixed up with these flakes?
Aggie
AG
quote:
this is what happens when kids are told from the time they are 11, 12, 13-years old...that they are "special" and "the rules don't apply to them" because they are an athlete.

their egos are enormous by ages 14 and 15. They think they are young gods walking the earth

Ding ding ding ..And we have a winner.

Seamaster
AG
Amen OP.

Wittle baby kids needs their safe spaces and tweets hurt them wittle babies.

Better off without such weak and soft kids.
ahlongslide
AG

quote:
These kids are so soft it's ridiculous.....
Aggie
AG
I'll also say this.

Recruiting services and media like texags drooling over these 16-17 year old kids only adds fuel to their egos.

I don't blame the likes of texags specifically.. There is a product to sell and they take advantage and sell it.
It's the consumers, it's the fans that treat these kids they way they do and before they even step foot on a college campus they think they are a gift from God.

It's a snowball effect that starts when their parents tell them how great they are and they can do no wrong.
Then they have coaches when they are younger thru HS that do pretty much the same.. Then they start to receive all the attention from media.. It just snowballs.. It's why there are so many prima donnas.
PeekingDuck
AG
TexAgs is a detriment to the program. It's okay to say it.
Kipp Smoove
AG
Recruit: begs for attention
Recruit: complains how hard it is to get so much attention
trm94
AG
Tate Martell is a poon. Glad we won't have another midget like Kyler that cannot take a hit
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.