Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Next OL coach

14,046 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tiger90
fwag04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the odds Sumdog's next OL hire is on the level as the rest of these guys?

SEC West OL coaches
blumpkin
AG
It's Larry Allen hth
fwag04
AG
quote:
Christensen's potential replacements include former Louisiana Tech head coach Jack Bicknell Jr. and current McNeese State offensive line coach Eman Naghavi. Bicknell Jr. has spent the past few seasons in the NFL and the last two seasons as the assistant offensive line coach with the Dolphins. Naghavi played at McNeese State and spent the 2013 and 2014 seasons at Texas where he worked with the tight ends and offensive line prior to taking the job with the Cowboys
Maroon Flash
AG
We need to be loading a truck with money to hire Jim Turner.
misterguinness
AG
Adrian Klemm
FriendlyAg
Von miller
vettmaster99
AG
It's Von Miller time!!
wavodano
A lil birdie from another site is saying there is interest on Turners part.
Tamu_mgm
AG
From which site? He's already employed at Cincinnati
Motel California
S
My source has told me we've been in contact with Nate Newton.

|
|
V

Insert drug joke
The Collective
AG
Is it the same birdie that thought we were hiring Venables as DC?
VA_Ag94
AG
Just go back to Sherman and offer him the job. Acknowledge that the way he was treated was piss poor, but also that the person that did that is no longer with A&M and that we would like to make things right by giving them control of what arguably was his team's greatest strength.. the O lIne!

The Collective
AG
Isn't Sherm living in Martha's Vineyard or something? That dude is pretty much retired. It is time for some of you to move on.
wood2007
Why Jim Turner? The Dolphins OL seems to be pretty horrendous. I've never seen a QB get sacked as often as Tannehill does.
fwag04
AG
Kyle Allen disagrees with you
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
quote:
Why Jim Turner? The Dolphins OL seems to be pretty horrendous. I've never seen a QB get sacked as often as Tannehill does.
A handful of 1st Round draft picks from our O-Line a few years ago say Hi.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Jim Turner hasn't been with the Dolphins for two seasons.
wavodano
Tamu_mgm
From which site? He's already employed at Cincinnati

Mod from Rivals.

Bob Kelso
AG
This should be discussed more. Definitely want to know who were scoping to fill the vacancy.
Maroon Flash
AG
We can pay more than Cinncinnati. Jim Turner was a grinding recruiting beast. Exactly what we need.
The Collective
AG
quote:
This should be discussed more. Definitely want to know who were scoping to fill the vacancy.

I kind of hope that our OC goes with someone that he knows and has worked with already. A cohesive offensive staff is what we need more than anything else at this point.
imrichiesdad
AG
Mike Sherman's Cape Cod Gig Here's what Sherman is doing now.
Knife_Party
quote:
Adrian Klemm

Yuuuuus. Klemm could single handedly put us back on top in recruiting. Bring him on sumdog. You know you want to.
fwag04
AG
I don't get why we wait this long to fire DC and not already have his replacement lined up. Sumlin had to have known he was going to let him go when Mazzone was hired. The fact that Turner accepted the Cincy job makes me think we never contacted him about the job.

Klemm from UCLA would be a homerun, I just don't know if we can get him. He's already Associate Head Coach or something like that at UCLA
Snap E Tom
quote:
Mike Sherman's Cape Cod Gig Here's what Sherman is doing now.
They went 1-10 this past season. Bump his salary to $7k a year and I think we can convince him to leave that "performing arts" school for the OL gig.
TripleSec
AG
Makes me think of Slumdog millionaire
Swing Your Saber
If it's just about money we can probably get Turner. I have no idea if he is (or should be) on our staff's radar but I doubt Cincinnati money would stop us.
Swing Your Saber
I like Frank Garrett. A former NFL O-Line man, knows TX HS coaches, knows all about the individual & team fundamentals of running a great unit.
monarch
S
Adrian Klemm would be a good choice...however, he and the NCAA are becoming real good buds.

Don't need the issues.
socalpoohah
Bruce Matthews? Isn't he coaching OL in the NFL? Inside track to getting his last son?
Spyderman
AG
McNeese St guy.
lb1lb2
AG
Turner is the RB coach at Cinncy. They also hired Auburns 's OL guy.
wavodano
socalpoohah
"Bruce Matthews? Isn't he coaching OL in the NFL? Inside track to getting his last son?"

Slam Dunk/Homerun hire in my opinion. We would clean up in OL recruiting.
Summy, make this freaking happen.
ag94ag
AG
Have you met Bruce? He's happy as hell enjoying his life and being involved with his sons' lives.

He most likely has no desire to change a single thing in his professional life.

The one climbing the hill is usually hungrier than the one that is already on top of the hill. I like the idea of an up and comer. Yea, I know the Spav thing turned out poorly.

ashley
quote:
I like Frank Garrett. A former NFL O-Line man, knows TX HS coaches, knows all about the individual & team fundamentals of running a great unit.

Has he ever coached?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.