Confederate Bonds

1,348 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SidsBurnerAccount
BillYeoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For some reason I stumbled across a story about how a court ruled in 1924 that Confederate bonds valued at $120 million (held by Brits) were deemed worthless. Wonder why it took so long (1924) but no matter.

Question: Is there a record of the largest Confederate bond holders? How many Nations invested in CSA Bonds? Any good articles/books on this?

Spyderman
AG
Interesting. They clearly hitched their wagons to the wrong horse.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
BQ78
AG
Richard Todd's Confederate Finance is older than me but still the gold standard (pardon the pun) on the subject. The British were certainly the biggest investors and many textile firms and cotton purchasers were among the biggest investors and some lost their company as a result of the investment. They were attractive because they could be re-paid in cotton at one fourth the value of cotton. The Dutch and French were probably the next biggest investors but not to the extent of the UK.
BillYeoman
BQ78 said:

Richard Todd's Confederate Finance is older than me but still the gold standard (pardon the pun) on the subject. The British were certainly the biggest investors and many textile firms and cotton purchasers were among the biggest investors and some lost their company as a result of the investment. They were attractive because they could be re-paid in cotton at one fourth the value of cotton. The Dutch and French were probably the next biggest investors but not to the extent of the UK.

Great. Thank you. I appreciate that.
SidsBurnerAccount
Somewhere I have an excellent article on how Texas used some unique land-backed bond programs that devalued less than Confederate financial instruments. If you're interested, I can try to dig it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.