Blog - History of Texas

1,530 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmellba99
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.brandonseale.com/

Looks like this guy runs a company and is a historian.

Quote:

Born in Abilene and raised in San Antonio, Brandon went to work in the oilfield in 2003 in Laredo, Texas. His first well was a wild-ass attempt to horizontally complete a rather unpromising, impermeable shale layer known as the Eagle Ford. He soon after moved to Monterrey, Mexico where he would go on to drill the first wells operated by Americans in Mxico since 1938, including their first Eagle Ford well.
Back in school in Austin, Brandon started and later sold a successful solar company, before returning to the oilfield in time to experience the full glory of the Eagle Ford boom and the opening of the Mexican Energy Industry in 2013.
Brandon and his wife take immense pride in the fact that their three children mix Spanish and English with a kind of innocent ease that horrifies outsiders, but that their fellow San Antonians don't even seem to notice.
With degrees in Philosophy, Law, and Business, Brandon writes and records stories about the residents of the borderland and about the comic and occasionally tragic intersection of Texas and Mexican cultures, which are despite their mutual and vocal protests to the contrary far more alike than they are different.

See LinkedIn post. "Finding Medina"

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:6544597757078892545
oldarmy76
I recently found his podcast and love it. The first season was about San Antonio. His podcast was called new history of old San Antonio, but I think it is now new history of old Texas.

His new season about Medina is interesting but slow at times. The history about the who was involved and lead up to the battle is great, but the actual looking for the battlefield part is getting a little dull. I still listen to the new episode as soon as it comes out though.
p_bubel
Heh. Met that guy a couple of weeks ago.
aalan94
AG
Obviously since this is the topic I'm working on in my book, I'm really interested, but I really haven't spent much time on his site. I'm guessing he just presents all the known research, but it would be interesting to see if he has anything new. There is new stuff to be found.

Frankly, I've found the debate about the actual location of the battlefield of Medina to be interesting, but minor.

There is a tendency among San Antonians - and a lot of others - is to focus on Medina as if that's the totality. In truth, this is a war that lasted through various phases, for 2 1/2 years.
schmellba99
AG
Interesting site, I'm going to have to spend some time on it. I admit that my super early Texas history knowledge is pretty.....poor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.