Looking for great WWII documentaries

1,736 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TrustTheAwesomeness
Wildman15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Open to any and all suggestions on this. Some previous ones I've watched are "WWII in Color" and currently watching "Hitler's Inner Circle of Evil". I'm also watching "Band of Brothers" again.
AgBQ-00
AG
I enjoyed Ken Burns The War series. It was typical of his work. But was pretty good.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
MD1993
AG
I found this interesting on youtube. A short show on the occupation of Japan.

Also an odd watch, but if you like historical stuff, this guys looks and sometimes eats MRE meals from WWII I have watched a lot if his vids, he is a tad bit odd, but interesting u ique subject.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

jdgilberg
AG
The World at War : The Ultimate Restored 9 Disc Blu-ray Collector's Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IN7YPU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Sc99Cb4RS7V55
JABQ04
AG
Tons on Netflix right now.

Also if you watch BoB, don't forget The Pacific. I'm also catching Saving Private Ryan today in theatres for the first time since 1998
ClassOf17
JABQ04 said:

Tons on Netflix right now.

Also if you watch BoB, don't forget The Pacific. I'm also catching Saving Private Ryan today in theatres for the first time since 1998

I watched this on TV for the first time in a long time and man, that opening scene is just insane. The men who stormed that beach are truly America's greatest hero's.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Victory at Sea!

Twenty-six episode series about naval combat during World War Two. Famous for its music score, eloquent narration, and combat footage.
Burdizzo
AG
Go look for the Frank Capra "Why We Fight" films made during and after the War. Most of them are public domain. They aren't exactly documentaries, but they are pretty good.

If you look hard enough, most of them can be found on the lesser Roku movie channels.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Burdizzo said:

Go look for the Frank Capra "Why We Fight" films made during and after the War. Most of them are public domain. They aren't exactly documentaries, but they are pretty good.

If you look hard enough, most of them can be found on the lesser Roku movie channels.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
The Cold Blue on HBO
Recent documentary on the 8th Air Force flying B-17s. All restored color footage with lots of interviews from crews. Really interesting to see the behind the scenes and what it was like for them flying out of England. I have a ton of respect for the crews that got into those planes time after time knowing the odds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.