Dan Carlin's Supernova in the East Part II

3,902 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgBQ-00
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was released over the weekend and i am ready to binge. Though not on the same level as Road to Armageddon, part I was still one of the best podcasts i have listened to.
thach
AG
Danke!
JaneDoe02
AG
Is it a 2 parter? I'll wait if there's a third coming.
thach
AG
There's a third part coming, but he didn't say how many episodes there'd be for this series.
MarineAggie95
AG
I am halfway through this episode and so far so good. I do agree that Road to Armageddon is an outstanding podcast. The Celtic Holocaust is good as well.
reveille23
I have loved all the other podcasts I have heard, and was excited to have something new, but I have not been too impressed with this series.

Not a lot of meat in there, he seems to be going off on a lot of tangents, and not focusing on what actually was occurring on the ground in Asia.

Blanco Jimenez
AG
I think we'll get there. It took two episodes just to get to Pearl Harbor.
trip
AG
This episode IMO was to get most people up to speed with what the Japaneses where thinking at the time.

For me, with limited knowledge of their side of the story, it has been good info.
kubiak03
AG
Think it has been great. War in the east before the United states entered and the background to it has not been heavily discussed like the west events.
Ag In Ok
AG
Fantastic podcast - excellent work and i am very much looking forward to what is next. I found the German culture fascinating leading up to world war 1 and through the second. The history of Japan from the Meiji restoration to the surrender of the last of the holdouts (early 70's) is so much more captivating.
I wish he would go on Jockos podcast, that would be highly entertaining, highly.
Nagler
AG
Quote:

I have not been too impressed with this series.

Not a lot of meat in there, he seems to be going off on a lot of tangents, and not focusing on what actually was occurring on the ground in Asia.

He seems to be wandering around more than usual. Hopefully he'll hit his stride in the next one and get rolling.
MGS
Part III has just been released.
Eliminatus
AG
Just started part one. I'm still new to Dan Carlin. Loved his blueprint for Armageddon. This will be my second series by him.
expresswrittenconsent
MGS said:

Part III has just been released.

I thought it was a really good listen. His book sounds interesting.
jay07ag
AG
Huge fan of DC...Looking like this will be a 4 or 5 part series. Highly informative and captivating. Like others have mentioned, probably the 2nd best series behind Blueprint for Armageddon.
thach
AG
Thanks for the heads up--I was about to give up him releasing part III!
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think he hit his stride with this third episode
JonSnow
Another great episode. Three podcasts in and we are not even to Guadalcanal.

Dan Carlin also announced a book publication that is also available on Audible.com
AgBQ-00
AG
In the last week and a half I have listened to blueprint for armageddon and the available supernova episodes. Now I'm impatient for part 4.
JABQ04
AG
I just discovered his podcasts. Currently listening to Supernova part II on my commutes to and from work.
AgBQ-00
AG
I've been listening while working. They are very good.
Thomas Little
AG
It's worth going back and buying his older episodes for $.99 per show. He did a fantastic one on the Eastern front in WWII. He also has great series on the Punic Wars, the Khans, and several other random topics. He's my favorite listen by far, and you will not regret buying those other episodes.
Thomas Little
AG
The series on the Eastern front is called "Ghosts of the Ostfront". Give that series a shot for $6 and you'll be completely hooked. It's fantastic. It's about $70 for his first 49 episodes and it's well worth it.
AgBQ-00
AG
I have been looking at that one. Think I will start it today or tomorrow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.