SIAP: KKK history posts on FB - a&m related

5,050 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OldArmy71
GT_Aggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Came across this on my FB and thought I'd share. Staff please remove or move if not appropriate.

https://www.facebook.com/1613288398/posts/10215996220371014/

Guy has other posts
45-70Ag
AG
Interesting. And that's one odd dude

I just wonder what his end game is?
Is it to research or try to say A&M is a racist institution? People commenting on his posts about yell leaders wearing white due to klan influence.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Irish_Man said:

Interesting. And that's one odd dude

I just wonder what his end game is?
Is it to research or try to say A&M is a racist institution? People commenting on his posts about yell leaders wearing white due to klan influence.
Yeah he's definitely odd. And I think part educational and part "wanting the truth out" but who knows these days.
Noblemen06
AG
He's definitely not objective, based on his comments and discussion, sadly.
SBISA Victim
AG
Dana X Bible was a Klan member?
74OA
AG
There's no denying the historical KKK presence in Texas, to include the towns around A&M. This guy is working hard to make a connection to A&M, most recently by trying to tie Sully's service as a CSA general to the Klan.
45-70Ag
AG
so this idiot is trying to start the process of having the Sul Ross statue removed by attempting to tie him to the klan?

Looking at the guy, he has other things he should be worried about.
huisachel
Bible was also football coach at Texas, so this feeds in nicely with the theme that UT is a klan outpost.
74OA
AG
Irish_Man said:

so this idiot is trying to start the process of having the Sul Ross statue removed by attempting to tie him to the klan?

He tried to associate, "knightly gentleman", a typical Victorian-era compliment given to Sully as a link to the knights of the Klan. With such tortured logic, he might equally claim that Sully was a secret Catholic and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
CanyonAg77
AG
There's been a lie out there for a while that Sully was a Klansman and his robes were in the Cushing Library collection. He died in 1898, these robes were obviously from the Klan revival of the 1920s. There was a huge spike in Klan membership in the 20s, which fell apart when the abuses became better known.
OldArmy71
AG
Good grief. I have a common Facebook friend with that idiot.
byfLuger41
AG
Irish_Man said:

First person I thought of after viewing his page:

2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
TChaney
Smokedraw01
I though a major research project was done to find any ties between Sully and the KKK and none were found.
Scorebook
AG
Going through primary source documents, Ross doesn't appear (at least publicly) to approve of vigilante style violence against African-Americans when he's Governor; however; this could be face saving measures. So my question is, do governors who we know were apart of the Klan also publicly condemn violence like this?
OldArmy71
AG
This is a compilation of documents by and about Sul Ross done by Bill Page, in the Government Documents Department of TAMU Libraries.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A11449434-b6c7-4025-a3b4-f4363988d91f&fbclid=IwAR1798tMxK8l2RjsG1LDQXmZS_eFF6uLQx4tKDBy8BvPc1hvjgkMN_DkFAk#pageNum=6

Page addresses the KKK connection on page 265. Page writes that there is no evidence Sul Ross had any connection with the Klan. He says that Ross could not have been a member while governor or president of A&M, because the Klan was not active in Texas during that time. He adds that the rumor about the Cushing Library having Ross' Klan robes is untrue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.