8 May 1846 Battle of Palo Alto.

1,026 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BQ78
Rabid Cougar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there ever was a God forsaken place to hold a battle this had to be it. Everything there has thorns and spines.
BQ78
AG
Pretty interesting place as is Resaca De Palma and Ft. Brown nearby.

But really Cougar remembering what was essentially a cannon duel and forgetting the anniversay of the start of the Battle of Spotslvania .
Rabid Cougar
AG
BQ78 said:

Pretty interesting place as is Resaca De Palma and Ft. Brown nearby.

But really Cougar remembering what was essentially a cannon duel and forgetting the anniversay of the start of the Battle of Spotslvania .
I am partial to artillery, specially when you can shoot 18 pounders at massed infantry. I just couldn't fathom running around in that stuff when I was down there. As a living historian and retired re-enactor it was like "oh hell no"

Just giving a little love to Mexican War.

I will go and say my 50 "Hail Bobby Lees" in repentance.
BQ78
AG
Don't you think the two armies used that boardwalk to get around the battlefield at Palo Alto ?

When I was there last year saw plenty of Bobcat tracks and even Mountain Lion tracks on the battlefield, no rattlesnakes but I am sure they were out there in the spiney grass.

Resaca de La Palma sounds like it was an infantry fight with hand to hand in essentially a jungle, unfortunately except for a small area of the battlefield, it doesn't do it justice today with a mostly wide open park.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.