Sam Houston IV just died

2,047 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 93Spur
aalan94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He was 84. I met him once back when I was at A&M and he spoke at the Texas Independence Day event in Washington on the Brazos.

For the record, he is a direct male descendant, but not direct first born line. Sam Houston's son, who fought at Shiloh, was Sam Houston Jr. I don't believe he had any male sons. Sam Houston's last son, Temple Houston, was 3 when old Sam died. He took up the name when he named his son Sam Houston III. That Sam then named his oldest son Sam Houston IV.
Phil Garner
There is a very kind man named Temple Houston that used to come by my office in Northeast Houston (I've moved since). He was a special guy. He was very proud and often had a picture of himself standing next to a Sam painting. The resemblance is strong, which brings it home when sitting in the same room as Sam blood. I want to say he is in the line of Temple.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
aalan94 said:

He was 84. I met him once back when I was at A&M and he spoke at the Texas Independence Day event in Washington on the Brazos.

For the record, he is a direct male descendant, but not direct first born line. Sam Houston's son, who fought at Shiloh, was Sam Houston Jr. I don't believe he had any male sons. Sam Houston's last son, Temple Houston, was 3 when old Sam died. He took up the name when he named his son Sam Houston III. That Sam then named his oldest son Sam Houston IV.
Did IV have any sons?
93Spur
Sam had sons Steven and Kevin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.