REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

709 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
zarbas77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today....1836.

No Texan should ever forget this day and what it means. Sacriledge.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JABQ04
AG
Just watched Fess Parkers Davy Crocket with my 5 year old. My dad showing me this way back when was got me interested in history. Hopefully it rubs off on him.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
I quiz my kids on these events.

Interestingly, 1836 was a leap year so by the number of days of the siege, tomorrow is actually day 13, when the Alamo falls.

But, today is the date the Alamo fell in 1836.
southernboy1
AG
It's good you mention that most people don't know that. I went to the Alamo last year when it fell on that exact day. We waited in line for a long time. We have our pictures. That day was somber for a lot. There was a lot of things going on and I am happy I got to take everyone. So much history and the kids really soaked it in. They still ask questions that I can't answer. That was a very great day!
Rabid Cougar
AG
southernboy1 said:

It's good you mention that most people don't know that. I went to the Alamo last year when it fell on that exact day. We waited in line for a long time. We have our pictures. That day was somber for a lot. There was a lot of things going on and I am happy I got to take everyone. So much history and the kids really soaked it in. They still ask questions that I can't answer. That was a very great day!
Do you remember the questions?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.