Call me MasterAalan94 now.

3,382 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OregonAggie
aalan94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The deed is done. Completed my masters degree in US History at Texas State University. 21 years since I last graduated from something, but it was fun to walk the stage again.

I'm not done. My advisor has me working on a paper for the Southwestern Historical Quarterly and I'll be on a panel at the 2018 Texas State Historical Association annual meeting. PhD is a possibility down the road, but I've got some military classes to take (I'm still a reservist), so that will have to wait for a while.
p_bubel
Rabid Cougar
AG
Master.
SRBS
Done well you have, young paduan!
Cen-Tex
AG
You're the man!
dcbowers
AG
Is your thesis available online for all of us to read?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Liquid Wrench
Like Master and commander kind of thing?
The Original AG 76
AG
Congrats !!
Hard work pays off.
Post removed:
by user
Aggies Revenge
AG
Congrats and welcome to the club. I expect to see you working on that PhD after allowing you a short break for rest and real life stuff!
fido00
AG
Excellent work!

RGV AG
AG
Congrats! Well done.
Bregxit
VanZandt92
ja86
Smokedraw01
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Good thing you are not the Brit actor Alan Bates !
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Call me MasterAalan94 now

VanZandt92
I'm jealous. I'm in a part of life where I couldn't pursue something like that, despite living by a few colleges where I could study. I often wondered if I'd enjoy the field as much as I believe.

At Wake Forest they actually want you to know a foreign language to study history in a graduate sense. I wonder whether French or German would be more useful for the study of 18th century America.
RGV AG
AG
Aalan:

As one of your long time fans I thought this thread on the POL board might pique your interest given your recent, much envied by many of us, accomplishment.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2821200

What say you?
(Corrected!)
VanZandt92
RGV AG said:

Alan:

As one of your long time fans I thought this thread on the POL board might pique your interest given your recent, much envied by many of us, accomplishment.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2821200

What say you?

Holy helll that's an embarrassment of a thread.
aalan94
AG
As to a foreign language, I was a German major in undergrad, so I don't know if they asked when I applied, but I was covered there. As for cost, my year of misery in Iraq was worth something after all, because it gave me access to the Hazlewood Act benefits. Thank you, Texas taxpayers for paying for my degree!

RGVAg, I agree that's a horrible thread. If he only means "Sociology" I almost agree with it. Although the field is kind of like lawyers - the 90 percent of bad ones make the 10 percent of good ones look bad.

And it's aalan with 3 a's. Like aardvark. It's my actual, no-crap middle name. Long story there. I don't mind identifying myself on Texags, as I did long ago when I wrote my Iraq blog.
Blanco Ag
AG
Congrats
OregonAggie
AG
Welcome to the club Master AAlan!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.