Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Tested positive for COVID

1,968 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iraq2xVeteran
Ranger1743
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At the end of a work trip. Feeling pretty rough. 102 fever and cough. Anything that worked well for y'all? Hydration and rest?
jtraggie99
AG
I had it last November, fever and all, felt like the flu (which is what I thought I had). They have something similar to Tamiflu, that my doctor prescribed. Seemed to work well and I was over it all completely in a few days.
aggiebrad94
AG
BigOil
AG
Time. I had four days of hell, then slowly improved over the next 3-4 days. Then weird cough for a month.

Crushed my fitness progress and finally I am back to my own personal pre-Covid fitness level
Hoosegow
Ivermectin.
combat wombat™
AG
The COVID antiviral, Paxlovid, seemed pretty effective for both my husband and me. HOWEVER, one of the possible side effects is a bad taste in your mouth. It is actually the most commonly reported side effect. I got it bad. It was so bad it kept me awake at night.

It's so common they call it Paxlovid mouth. It tasted like I was sucking on old quarters.
Peter Klaven
AG
Stay hydrated and get an hour of sunlight every day.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Take the hottest shower or bath you can stand for as long as you can stand it. I can only speak anecdotally, but that at least made me feel a lot better. Some argue that hot showers help your body increase temperature without the stress of generating a fever, but I don't know if that is scientifically accurate.
NoahAg
Take an Advil.

Let's go, Brandon!
MouthBQ98
AG
I slept a lot and took headache meds. Treated it like a bad cold.
KidDoc
AG
Paxlovid if any risk factors, safe aside from drug interactions.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
During the most critical point of my full marathon training, I tested positive for Covid-19 on 1/27/22. The symptoms went away the next day, but I defied logic by running 20 miles on 1/29/22. I continued drinking plenty of water and refrained from running or swimming for two consecutive days. Then, I ran 15 miles on 2/5/22 and 10 miles on 2/12/22. Because of the Lord's abounding grace and my resilience, I was able to overcome Covid to continue training for the Austin Marathon.

As a result, I felt fully prepared for the 2022 Austin Marathon on 2/20/22. I completed my first ever full marathon in 3:55:21.3. On 2/19/23, I will run the 2023 Austin Half Marathon, and this will be my 9th Half Marathon.
Drillbit4
AG
It's going around. I just got over it. Dr prescribed Paxlovid right away. It helped. Resulted in only about 3 days of flu like symptoms.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Had the original strain in Dec '20 and what was likely Omicron (but who knows) in May '22. Both times I had high fever and was sick for a solid 2 weeks. The first time really kicked my butt and took me a solid 3 months of training before I was back to pre-COVID level of running. Second time I returned to training fairly quick with no lingering loss of fitness other than what you typically lose taking a couple weeks off.

Doc had me on a refining of tylonel, Vit D, zinc, mucinex and an inhaler (inhaler for the first time only). Seemed to work. And of course lots of fluids.
AggieBarstool
Iraq2xVeteran said:

During the most critical point of my full marathon training, I tested positive for Covid-19 on 1/27/22. The symptoms went away the next day, but I defied logic by running 20 miles on 1/29/22. I continued drinking plenty of water and refrained from running or swimming for two consecutive days. Then, I ran 15 miles on 2/5/22 and 10 miles on 2/12/22. Because of the Lord's abounding grace and my resilience, I was able to overcome Covid to continue training for the Austin Marathon.

As a result, I felt fully prepared for the 2022 Austin Marathon on 2/20/22. I completed my first ever full marathon in 3:55:21.3. On 2/19/23, I will run the 2023 Austin Half Marathon, and this will be my 9th Half Marathon.

Hey, I wonder if this guy likes to run marathons?

As far as Paxlovid, it worked well for my wife and I. No side effects whatsoever. My symptoms abated in about 72 hours. My wife was not as fortunate as she was pregnant at the time (with a suppressed immune system).
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Hey, I wonder if this guy likes to run marathons?

As far as Paxlovid, it worked well for my wife and I. No side effects whatsoever. My symptoms abated in about 72 hours. My wife was not as fortunate as she was pregnant at the time (with a suppressed immune system).
Yes, I enjoy running half marathons because it is the sweet spot of long distance running. For many, including myself, a half marathon is the ideal balance of speed and stamina. It's long enough to feel like a legitimate effort, but short enough to run hard without limping for the next three days. Also, there is much less time commitment to train for a half marathon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.