Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

coccydynia

1,548 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yaroki
Bob Kelso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I have this. Pain at the tip of my tailbone radiating a dull ache to my lower back. Been dealing with it for 3 months now. At the point now where is hurts constantly. CT clear, MRI next…

Anyone dealt with this, have any positive outcomes? Don't think there is a lot of luck with this chronic pain in the literal ass.
TXTransplant
Has anyone talked to you about a tailbone adjustment? I had one when I was pregnant. I'd had (and still have) tailbone issues, but being pregnant pushed even further out of alignment. The adjustment worked. It was done by a PT.
Bob Kelso
AG
Need to find one in Houston area. Tailbone is hooked forward. Not sure who does this area of the body.
aggiederelict
Hope you are ready for a finger in your butt. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Bob Kelso
AG
Great.

I know what you're referring to. Who the hell performs that as a PT and isn't a proctologist.
aggiederelict
Plenty of them do. They are pelvic floor physical therapists that work with this plenty. You can search for one in your area.
TXTransplant
I didn't have to go to a special PT. I didn't even know that's what I needed. The PT suggested it.
Todd 02
AG
I'm experiencing similar pain. Presented after spending a day cutting and loading firewood into the truck. Thought it was just a sore lower back after some non-normal repetitive motion. I had trouble walking for the first several days. Alternating ice and heat worked, plus the steady regimen of ibuprofen. I've done some yoga and stretching of the lower back and it helps for a few hours before the pain and tightness return. I'm probably at about a 3 or 4 out of 10 on the pain scale most days.

I finally after almost two weeks made an appointment with a chiropractor to see if they can offer some relief. Haven't been in yet.

Do you get a tightening sensation in your lower spine when you lean forward just a bit? How about if you tuck your chin to your chest?

When I am sitting down and tuck my chin to my chest, it makes my ass hurt! Leads me to believe it's related to some nerves in the spine.
aggiederelict
You have nerve compression most likely from a disc issue. Good to get treatment. If they have traction try it at the chiros office.
Bob Kelso
AG
Todd 02 said:

I'm experiencing similar pain. Presented after spending a day cutting and loading firewood into the truck. Thought it was just a sore lower back after some non-normal repetitive motion. I had trouble walking for the first several days. Alternating ice and heat worked, plus the steady regimen of ibuprofen. I've done some yoga and stretching of the lower back and it helps for a few hours before the pain and tightness return. I'm probably at about a 3 or 4 out of 10 on the pain scale most days.

I finally after almost two weeks made an appointment with a chiropractor to see if they can offer some relief. Haven't been in yet.

Do you get a tightening sensation in your lower spine when you lean forward just a bit? How about if you tuck your chin to your chest?

When I am sitting down and tuck my chin to my chest, it makes my ass hurt! Leads me to believe it's related to some nerves in the spine.

Yes, lower tightening at the lumbar area. Chin to the chest does nothing. I visited a chiropractor and they made it worse. I'm a steady 5 out of 10 pain now.

They didn't even know what the hell I was talking about when I mentioned coccydynia. Be careful when dealing with them. Trying to find someone who knows what they're doing.
Ag9701
AG
Find a PM&R MD who primarily does pain management. From talking to the ones I know over the years, I think it is a great place to start. Many now work as part of Orthopedic practices and can refer you to a surgeon if that is what is needed. They are also knowledgeable about where to go for PT if they recommend that.
aggiederelict
Your chiro has never heard of coccydnia? Or the front office staff didn't?
farmersfight
AG
find a PT that works on the "pelvic floor"
Bob Kelso
AG
I also had a pilonidal removal 3 years ago and the scar from the surgery is all of the sudden aching. 50/50 on the culprit being the tailbone or the scar above the bone.
Todd 02
AG
Just wanted to report back and say THANK YOU to aggiederelict for pointing me in what seems to be the right direction on a nerve/disc issue.

I made an appointment with a chiropractor, but it wasn't for a couple of weeks. I ended up researching my symptoms quite a bit and was able to get some relief using some stretches and traction exercises I found online. Since that seemed to work, I ended up also buying an inversion table from Academy.

After 10 days of inversion therapy twice a day, I'm happy to report that I'm back to +95%.

It snowed here Tuesday and my chiropractor appointment got canceled. At this rate, I don't plan to reschedule unless the pain returns.

I've also been working on core strengthening exercises and being more cognizant of my posture throughout the day.

ETA: Good luck to you Bob Kelso. I hope you're finding some relief as well!
aggiederelict
Great job taking control of your injury and being proactive about it. I'm glad I could help a little. Let me know if anything else comes up and I would be glad to help.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.