Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ironman Alaska

741 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
jetescamilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious if any of you are participating in Ironman Alaska in the coming week? I've lived in Juneau (host city) for the past 8 years so if you all need any advice on touristy things or hikes/sights feel free to ask away.

I've heard there's been plenty of logistical issues creeping up trying to throw an event like this in our small town. Supposedly the air cargo on commercial flights and shippers are notifying participants that they can't guarantee bikes will make it in time for the event.

Good luck to those of you who are coming and I'll put in a request for sunshine.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
I wish. This was in my short list but the boss said no. She's usually doesn't complain about my races and very rarely objects but she wanted no part of the expense of this race. I'm still sad.
TW1993
AG
Hey jetescamilla, it is good to see another Aggie in Juneau. We've been here about 4 years now. Double up on that sunshine request, please. The last couple of weeks have been tough.
EMY92
AG
If the bike doesn't show up, adapt and overcome.

I'm sure he'd give it up for a few hours.
94chem
Love taking off from Juneau. Plane flies directly at Mendenhall Glacier, then banks at the last minute.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.