Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

No bull or allbirds shoes

6,805 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Furlock Bones
Truman2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a review on either?
AggieRob93
AG
Personal review of Nobull only:

Shoes run true to size, but they are narrow. Seem durable, but don't feel very flexible the few times I have worn them. My view is they are most suitable for lifting, but for more aerobic activities, there are better options.
aggiederelict
NoBull more durable long term. I'm biased since my BIL works for NOBull and I get their gear.
Slagathor
AG
Love NoBull for weightlifting. I think they're very comfortable and to me they feel very supportive while remaining flat. Kind of like Birkenstocks but not as high of an arch. I've heard great things about Allbirds as well but wouldn't trade my NoBulls.
FitzChivalry
AG
Love my 4 pairs of Allbirds. Got some good looking maroon ones for Christmas.

Comfortable in all seasons. Repels water better than most shoes. I have used them for every day use, hiking and standing extended periods.
K Bo
AG
My personal opinions, assuming you are wearing them for athletic use & not casual:

Nobull - prefer Reebok Nano for working out. Nobull are too narrow for my feet and don't allow a natural toe splay. Reebok Nanos are also zero drop/flat.. I do like the more plain look of Nobull shoes, though. Terrible running shoes.

Allbirds - great casual shoes. I tried their running shoes because I own a few pair to wear casually but there wasn't anything that was so special about them that made me want to run in them over any other shoe company that has years and years of running R&D and is well rooted in the running community.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Never worn them but from all the others I see in the gym, No Bull shoes do not have a wide enough toe box for me to consider wearing to weight lift in. Your feet are critical when trying to be proactive against injuries in the knee.
htxag09
AG
What are you wanting to use these for?

I have some allbirds and love them so far, but they're simply a casual shoe. I know they have more "athletic" shoes, but that's not really their niche so not sure how much I'd trust them at this point.

No personal experience with NoBull.

I got some APL shoes for Christmas and really like the feel of them. I haven't worn them a lot or to work out or anything because I'm exchanging them for a different color, but initial fit and appearance are good.
Capitol Ag
AG
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just found this.

So for the No Bull wearers, how would they compare to a Vans or Converse Chuck Taylor for weight lifting? Are they really that much better for the price? See them all the time. I've used chucks and vans for a while and use those as they are cheaper. Also have Reebok Lifter PR 1s for legs training/power lifting...
emando2000
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just found this.

So for the No Bull wearers, how would they compare to a Vans or Converse Chuck Taylor for weight lifting? Are they really that much better for the price? See them all the time. I've used chucks and vans for a while and use those as they are cheaper. Also have Reebok Lifter PR 1s for legs training/power lifting...
Assuming you're talking about the regular trainer the No Bulls have a little more padding than vans & chucks but less than most other shoes. I can do some running with those vs vans/chucks. I'd just buy a pair and test them out. But if you're talking about lifters then that's completely different. I've never tried the No Bull lifters, those are too pricy for my blood.
emando2000
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Personal review of Nobull only:

Shoes run true to size, but they are narrow. Seem durable, but don't feel very flexible the few times I have worn them. My view is they are most suitable for lifting, but for more aerobic activities, there are better options.
I have a wide foot and neither of my runners or trainers are narrow at all.
aggiederelict
I really don't like NoBulls running shoes. I think they will get there but that is a competitive space.
Furlock Bones
AG
The allbirds running shoes are terrible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.