Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Starting CrossFit

2,397 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Woody2006
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have made fun of it and been a hater for a long time, but I am signing up to start. I understand the risk of injury that everyone talks about, but I feel like it is the best way for me to take the next step of getting in shape. I grew up with a dad who lived in the gym, played football and have a powerlifting background so hopefully I will understand the dynamics of lifting and my own personal limits to reduce the risk of injury.

I'm excited!
ptothemo
AG
Now we just need a "Continuing Crossfit" thread, and we will have the entire lifecycle covered on page one.
Gilligan
AG
I hope you like it and that you have an attentive coach(s) that know what they're doing and will scale to your needs and limitations.

I am broken with lots of physical issues and CrossFit, "Theracize", has made a huge difference in my life over the last 4 months. i.e. I found something that works for me.

Try to break the first rule of CrossFit and not talk about it...

Good Luck!
K Bo
AG
Scale, pace, and leave your ego at the door. I think if you can do those things, CrossFit is fantastic.
Woods Ag
AG
Be ok if your the worst in the class. It doesn't matter.

You won't be with an Olympic WL background, but you get the mindset.

Good luck. CrossFit changed my life
abacavir
Cool man what Box you at?
cityagboy
AG
Thanks for the advice everyone! I will absolutely check my ego. Over the past three years I have basically worked out enough not to get fat, so I'm not completely out of shape, but throughly expect CrossFit to KICK MY ASS. My wife and I will be on vacation this week and when we come back I will start up. Over the last month I have been doing some heavier lifts and more cardio to prepare ever so slightly.

I will post an update after I am done with the foundations program.
Swarely
Interested to see how you like it.
cityagboy
AG
Supplement advice? It has been 5 or 6 years since I have bought any. I want to take as little as possible, but also realize that I will be pushing my body pretty hard.

Looking for simple post workout/ recovery advice
Woods Ag
AG
I like a little caffeine before I workout but too much isn't good for crossfit. I use amino energy. 50mg per scoop.

Other than that I don't take anything else but I don't have any trouble meeting my calorie needs. If you do, some kind of recovery shake or protein shake may be goid
Nosh
abacavir said:

Cool man what Box you at?
JBLHAG03
AG
Try Camp Gladiator if CF isnt a good fit.
frorge
AG
Woods Ag said:

Be ok if your the worst in the class. It doesn't matter.

You won't be with an Olympic WL background, but you get the mindset.

Good luck. CrossFit changed my life

This 100%. This morning was my first day in nearly 2 months where I didn't finish last!
cityagboy
AG
Almost one week in. First day was Saturday then worked out Mon, Tues, Wed and off today.

It has been rough but a lot of fun. The cardio aspect has been the hardest for me. I definitely don't remember ever working out my entire body in a balanced way like this ever before.

Really looking forward to seeing results!
gambochaman
AG
welcome! I hope you enjoy it...I started nearly 5 years ago and its one of the best decisions I have ever made...I was pre-hypertensive and pre-high cholesterol...now all my numbers are in the green (and I have not sustained any injuries)
Woody2006
AG
I love CrossFit. Just remember there is a huge difference between CrossFit the sport and CrossFit the exercise program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.