Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

HELP! Troubleshoot or Replace My Running App (Nike+ Run Club)

802 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Matsui
EVA3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking to troubleshoot my problem with Nike+ Run Club app, or if not possible, I'm looking for a new running app.

I like the features and interface of the app, and it works great on runs up to five miles. On runs longer than that, during mile 6 the problems start. Here's what it does:

[ol]
  • It stops tracking me for some period of time, but I don't know it at the time.
  • Out of the blue, it restarts the countdown and says, "Beginning workout."
  • The time continues counting and the mileage does not start over. But it "eats" the mileage I've run since it stopped tracking me. Sometimes this is half a mile or more.
  • Once this happens the first time, it keeps happening over and over, and more frequently.
  • This really plays havoc with the length of my runs, and the pace/split data get messed up. The maps are messed up also. My last run shows 9 miles, but it was at least 10.
  • [/ol]
    At this point, I'm looking for a new running app, unless someone can tell me how to fix the issue.

Features I need:

[ol]
  • Mileage tracking
  • Time
  • Pace
  • Splits
  • Mapping
  • Works with Apple Watch Series 3 and iOS
  • Syncs to Health app on iOS
  • Don't have to run with phone
  • [/ol]
    Features I like:

[ol]
  • Shoe tracking
  • Periodic mileage and pace updates
  • Ability to switch between current and average pace
  • Achievements
  • Mileage per week/month
  • Road/track/trail
  • Notes
  • Guided runs
  • Challenges
  • [/ol]
    Features I don't really use:

[ol]
  • Share to social media
  • Connectivity with friends/other runners
  • Buying shoes/gear through the app
  • [/ol]
    Any help is appreciated!

AggieOO
    Strava
    Travelag08
    I use nike+ and have had those problems before. I usually just delete the app and reinstall it and it begins to work again. Their twitter has been helpful in solving problems too.

I know there are probably better apps, but I have almost 10 years and thousands of miles with Nike+! I don't want to lose all my records and training details.
    Matsui
    AG
    Strava
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.