Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anyone have goodr sunglasses?

6,034 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ptothemo
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at picking up a pair of two of goodr glasses but am not sure about the size. They have some newer ones ($35 price point) that are for bigger size heads, but it also seems that the others ($25 price point) don't have reviews that talk about them being too small. Figured I would throw it out there for this group to see if anyone has any experience with them. I don't know if it translates at all, but I wear a 7 3/8 fitted hat.
RockOn
I've had a pair of the regular sized ones and they fit just fine.

I'm not overweight (at all), but have a bigger head to where those stretch-fit hats are never big enough.

With that said, i've ultimately stuck to my raybans
AggieOO
I have several pair. Wife has a pair.

Never tried the bigger size, as they didn't exist when I got mine. No issues with the regular size.
AgPediRPh
AG
Super popular among runners. I like mine, but I don't wear them for running. Online orders ship with a return label, so it would be easy to return if they were too small.
Aggietaco
AG
Have big head, regular size works fine for me. My only complaint is that they scratch super easy. I still wear mine but they are fecked.
ptothemo
AG
Thank y'all for the input. I have Oakley M Frames that I love that I typically run in, but I have managed to nearly break those a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. Forgot they were on my visor one morning and bounced them on concrete and then had them knocked off and nearly stepped on playing ultimate. So, I need something that is at a lower price point to counter balance me being hard on them. I won't lie, the colors that goodr puts them out in is pretty cool, too.
AggieOO
They are pretty much the only sunglasses I wear at this point. I wear them for cycling too. I haven't had issues with them getting scratched, but the wife's first pair scratched up after a while.

For $25, they are solid glasses, and if you lose them or they break, oh well.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
I also wear a 7 3/8, the goodr's I bought were definitely too small for me. I bought Blenders and they fit much better.
drivinwest
AG
Have had two pairs. They fit great and are comfortable for running, but the lenses scratch easily. I sent my first pair back, they sent me another, and after a few months I couldn't see through the lenses on that pair either.
AggieOO
curious how you are storing them?

wife's got scratched b/c the dropped them and then was just throwing them in her bag. Mine are still in great condition, but i store them in the bag/box they came in unless I'm wearing them.
Aggietaco
AG
You didn't ask, but I keep mine in my car's overhead console that is felt lined. Most damage comes from tree limbs in the trails and the occasional time they have fallen into the hands of my kiddo.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

You didn't ask, but I keep mine in my car's overhead console that is felt lined. Most damage comes from tree limbs in the trails and the occasional time they have fallen into the hands of my kiddo.
how often are you going face-first into trees on the trails?
drivinwest
AG
I just stored them in my running backpack-not in the box they provided. I don't think I'm hard on my running sunglasses-have several pair that I've had for a few years-so was surprised at how quickly they became scratched up. They are very comfortable, though, and quite a few folks in my run club wear and like them.

Edit: didn't mean to choose that creepy smile face.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

Aggietaco said:

Main reason I wear them on the trails is to keep spiderwebs and tree limbs out of my eyeballs, but then again, if I wasn't wearing sunglasses on a full shaded trail, maybe I would see them...
Goldie Wilson
I have a few pairs. Really like them for the price. The names also make me chuckle
Aggietaco
AG
Dan 07 said:

I have a few pairs. Really like them for the price. The names also make me chuckle

Doc Brown's Sizzurp Habbit
c-jags
Aggietaco said:

AggieOO said:

Aggietaco said:

Main reason I wear them on the trails is to keep spiderwebs and tree limbs out of my eyeballs, but then again, if I wasn't wearing sunglasses on a full shaded trail, maybe I would see them...

i took a thorn from a vine to an eye that jerked my head back on a trail run. fortunately it missed anything important. and i run with an optometrist.

i don't like running in glasses, but i'll take them getting scratched over the alternative.
BQ2001
AG
Funny this came up. I won a pair at a group run this morning and have been wearing them around doing errands and like them so far.
AgPediRPh
AG
BRC Maroon Goodr

BRC posted these on their Facebook page. I ordered a pair
Aggietaco
AG
FYI, decided to reach out to Goodr before I trashed my current pair that have gotten too bad to use and they offered to replace them for me. Not sure I'm going to take them up on it, since some of the damage is my fault, but good to know they have actual customer service.
Geriatric Punk
AG
So, these are just cheap sunglasses? I've never heard of them until this thread.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
AggieOO
They were made specifically bc running sunglasses were expensive. They are polarized, no slip/no bounce, and $25.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Word.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
aggiespartan
AG
Just got a pair last week, and they are great. They even fit my small head.
Sooner Born
Aggietaco said:

FYI, decided to reach out to Goodr before I trashed my current pair that have gotten too bad to use and they offered to replace them for me. Not sure I'm going to take them up on it, since some of the damage is my fault, but good to know they have actual customer service.
They replaced mine but the polarization coating also rubbed off the replacements inside of two weeks so i just gave up. I've had 5 pairs now and four have had the polarization coating rub off.
NonRegAg94
AG
Just curious, How well do they fit with a cap or visor. I tend to go for glasses that have a skinny arm because ones with thicker arms often push down too hard on my ear when I have a hat or visor on, which is almost always.
AggieOO
Just saw another friend of mine post on FB about the coating rubbing off. Realized that all three pair of mine came from early batches (before they had their shortages, won gear of the year, etc.) I wonder if they changed suppliers or manufacturers along the way.
Sooner Born
I contacted Goodr customer service again and they recanted on their refusal to do anything about the pairs that were more than a year old. My guess is this is now a known issue. They are going to ship my new lenses for all of the pairs I own under the pretense of "being green". My guess is they had a bad supplier like you suggested 00 and the new lenses are the cheap way to help all affected.
Aggietaco
AG
Goodr forgot about me for a month before I reminded them last week and my new glasses showed up over the weekend. Going to make these my dedicated workout glasses for a while and see how the lenses hold up. Also plan to keep them away from the mini-me this time.
c-jags
just a bump on this. i opted for some goodrs instead of a race shirt from TROT and have run a bit the last week in them since the sun has come out an have liked them a good bit.

definitely more than Nikes or Oakleys i've had in the past for 1/3 of the cost. Not a lot of "look at these amazing features" type of stuff. they don't bounce, they stay in place, and they don't hurt my head.

i'll probably order a couple of pairs because i am incapable of not losing or breaking sunglasses, knives, and wireless headphones.
ptothemo
AG
c-jags said:

i'll probably order a couple of pairs
Are you wanting to order the regular ones or the BFG's?
c-jags
regulars. BFGs are a bit too much for me.
ptothemo
AG
Cool, this thread reminded me that I have three pair of BFG's that are just sitting in a drawer. They have only been worn a couple of times, so they are basically brand new. I have just gravitated back to my Oakleys and don't see that changing at this point.

Anyway, they are free to anyone - or multiple someones - who want them. I don't mind shipping them if need be but would prefer to not have to ship all three separately just to save on that cost a bit. There is just no point in them sitting in the drawer if someone else will get some use out of them.

They are all three BFG's - white with black lenses, black with black lenses, and green with blue lenses.

I'll revive the gear swap thread and post this in there if I don't get any takers in this thread in the next couple of days.
hbc07
AG
I've got a big head and would throw my hat in the ring. Where are you located?
ptothemo
AG
Houston, specifically Memorial/Westchase area
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.