Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Workout/ Running Holster

1,809 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by reproag
Chris98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations on a holster for working out/ running (pocket gun- .32 Beretta Tomcat)
Hoosegow
Hell where are you running that you need a gun?
Chris98
AG
Run early in morning (4:30). Had a "situation" arise this morning
wangus12
AG
Was it clown? I had some issues with clowns last year
kbw01
bigtruckguy3500
Seriously? I've heard about clowns trying to scare people.
kbw01
AG
Yes, dip****s dressed as clowns were all over the country last year saying they were going to take kids. A few got beat down and one might have been shot.
agfan2013
AG
OP, you might want to search the outdoors board and then ask this same question on there. They're the gun holster experts that carry all the time so you should get some good opinons on there. From my recollection, either a belly band holster or some sort of a fanny pack carrier (yes not the most fashionable I know) were recommended. Or you could just get a simple pocket holster if your shorts have deep enough pockets and you feel secure in that. I have a IWB desantis holster that came with a free pocket holster, I've never used it but if I were to carry that way I think it would be fine to use.
BQ2001
AG
Am I the only one curious about the situation?

I almost had to get out my pepper spray last week because of a coyote but my dogs bark was apparently enough (even though she's a wuss and probably wanted to play with it)
wangus12
AG
Yeah. Right around the time it was all over the news last year. I was running through one of the big parks in North Plano after dark. I rounded a corner and there were two of them came out of the brush and stood in the middle of the sidewalk. You could tell it was one of the pranks because they weren't ready and seemed rushed to "get in position". I'm sure someone was filming. I just kept running and told them to GTFO my way. They didn't react or chase me. They weren't very big so I figured it was high school kids.
O.G.
Hoosegow said:

Everywhere. Towns, County Roads, City Parks. Streets. You know, anywhere crime might happen.

OP,
Running with mine has been a challenge. I rigged up a BlackHawk holster that would attach to my camel back but its difficult to counter the weight. Also, the contour of the "paddle" isn't exactly comfortable on a chest rig. I have considered buying a second one and altering it to fit better.

I don't particularly like Open Carry where others can see my weapon though, so that is a draw back. That said however, I was on a deep east Texas county road and had someone drive by me slowly, twice. The second time I turned to face them and I saw their eyes go to my weapon, then to me, then they drove off. Sweet Jane don't tolerate.

If you go small enough (Ruger LCP or the Glock 42/43) you might be able to carry in one of those neoprene belts (I refuse to call it a fanny pack). A friend of mine runs in Houston and uses that set up. They sell them at Brazos Running Company.

The challenges of running clothes being normally too small to conceal anything, and sweat (salt) getting all over your weapon are also something to consider.
The Pilot
AG
I can't imagine the panic of trying to shoot someone in the middle of a workout, especially a harder one.
AgEng06
AG
Hoosegow said:

This was probably said about White Rock Trail at one time...
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have a feeling unless you do it a few times your adrenaline and heart rate will be through the roof no matter what you were doing before you draw.
reproag
AG
agfan2013 said:

either a belly band holster or some sort of a fanny pack carrier.
I've used both. I like the belly band better bc of less bounce when I run but either will work.
reproag
AG
The Pilot said:

I can't imagine the panic of trying to shoot someone in the middle of a workout, especially a harder one.
We have a shooting range on our place and I will do sprints then shoot a magazine, reload and repeat to simulate shooting in high stress situations. If your at a public range try jumping jacks, push ups or burpees.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.