3.0 Ecoboost?

684 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was aware of the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboost engines, but wasn't aware of the 3.0 in the F150. Trying to figure out if the article had a typo and they were actually speaking of the 3.5. At any rate, looks like Ford is recalling some 90,000 vehicles with the 2.7 and 3.0 Ecoboost engines due to "catastrophic engine failure." Anyone heard this?
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
BenTheGoodAg
AG
3.0 Powerstroke in the F-150, but they don't sell it anymore. There's a 3.0 ecoboost that's in other vehicles, but not the F-150
RightWingConspirator
AG
The recall reads model years 2020-2022 2.7 and 3.0 EB trucks and cars. I have a 2022 3.5 so guess I'm in the clear for now.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
tk for tu juan
3.0L EB is in the Bronco Raptor, Ranger Raptor, Lincoln Aviator, Explorer ST, and a few other Ford/Lincoln vehicles
JamesPShelley
nm
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
3.0L Ecoboost are in the continental, BRaptor and Explorer ST and Platty and Aviator
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.