2022 super duty interior smell when humid/rains

1,453 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by chaca5151
lodell22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 2022 king ranch f250 and every single time it rains or is very humid outside, when I get in the cab there is a strong mildew/standing water smell. Cannot figure out where it's coming from or why. Anyone else had this issue?
sts7049
AG
got a sunroof?
BMach
AG
lodell22 said:

I have a 2022 king ranch f250 and every single time it rains or is very humid outside, when I get in the cab there is a strong mildew/standing water smell. Cannot figure out where it's coming from or why. Anyone else had this issue?

I just bought a 2022 used and it does the same thing. Pisses me off
redaszag99
I'll never own another truck with a sunroof!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Leak at 3rd brake light or back window
GrapevineAg
AG
Look for leaks as mentioned above and also check/replace your cabin air filter.
crowman2010
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Leak at 3rd brake light or back window
Yep, this. It will typically drip down the back pillar. Make sure your floor mats in the back aren't wet under the seat.
Centerpole90
AG
I have had this before with earlier model F25/350s and it was in the doors. I couldn't figure it out until there was enough water in a back door I could hear it sloshing when I closed the door.

*on earlier body styles* - there were rubber scupper drains along the bottom edge of the door that would get plugged and let water pool inside. I would give them a look.
Aggie Dad 26
redaszag99 said:

I'll never own another truck with a sunroof!

Everyone wants a sunroof until they get one. Learned that lesson 15 years ago
Buck Compton
AG
I love my sunroof. Never had a drain line issue. On either my 2016 f-150 or the wife's 2018 Expy.

But I also don't park my vehicle outside at night under a tree and then refuse to ever wash it.

Every sunroof leak I personally know is people who don't wash their car regularly and generally park under a tree or other place where crap gets in the drain lines. (not saying this is 100% of all cases).
TX_AG_10
AG
I have a 22' Super Duty as well. I have a musty smell in the cab, but I think mine is stemming from the HVAC system. Apparently the evap coils don't drain/dry very well so it stays musty.

AgToadie
Also check the cab vents located behind the rear seat on the back of cab wall. You may be able to view them by looking from the outside of the truck.

These vents clip in to place and can be knocked loose, especially if you have the aftermarket quick release that allows the rear seat back to flip forward for storage.
mefoghorn
AG
Obviously you need to try and address the root cause. But for getting rid of odors, I have had great results with putting an Ozium canister in the cab for several days. It really works to deodorize the air, not to provide an alternative smell.
drred4
I bet the problem is this. It happens in F-150 as well.
chaca5151
Your a/c drain line is backing up into the cab; it's on the passenger side behind the wheel well. You can buy a 90-degree elbow from Ford to put it on there. Pull the metal piece off and cut the two little tabs. Watch YouTube videos. I installed one on mine and my daughter's trucks.

https://a.co/d/4BC0Jr3
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.