Boring-Homogenized

1,924 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Flaith
IslandAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to replace a 2019 Explorer Sport. Looked at a few different SUV's and sedans yesterday. All seemed somewhat similar and not very exciting for vehicles up to $100k or more.
Lexus, jaguar, Land Rover.

Any suggestions on vehicles for a tall person that might be a little more interesting. Not looking for Ferrari or Maybach type cars/prices, a little more main stream. Might just wind up with another Explorer.

Thanks
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/

Two in my neighborhood so far. They look really awesome in person.
akaggie05
AG
Do it.

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/m-models/x5-m/sports-activity-vehicle/overview.html
'03ag
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/

Two in my neighborhood so far. They look really awesome in person.

This

Or wait for the GX550
BiggiesLX
K5 blazer
90s Bronco
Lexus LS 430
90s two door Tahoe
USAFAg
AG

Alpha Romeo Tonale
MSRP Range: $45,000 - $50,000

Porsche Cayenne
MSRP Range: $79,200 - $146,900

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
HumpitPuryear
AG
IslandAg76 said:

Going to replace a 2019 Explorer Sport. Looked at a few different SUV's and sedans yesterday. All seemed somewhat similar and not very exciting for vehicles up to $100k or more.
Lexus, jaguar, Land Rover.

Any suggestions on vehicles for a tall person that might be a little more interesting. Not looking for Ferrari or Maybach type cars/prices, a little more main stream. Might just wind up with another Explorer.

Thanks

My budget was half of yours. I traded my explorer sport for a used ST. Saved over $10k going used but the primary reason was it was equipped like I wanted it with sunroof and roof rail delete. I considered several other SUVs. Really considered a diesel Touareg or cayenne but chickened out. Build quality of the newer explorer sucks but the 3.0 EB is a beast and the rear wheel bias is what the sport should have been. My sport was a great car though and my son is still driving it with close to 180k trouble free miles
TecRecAg
AG
The new Lexus GX550 has my attention.
Flaith
AG
Acura MDX Type-S

Used ~2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Volvo V60 Recharge Polestar

Audi A6 Allroad
IslandAg76
AG
Thanks for suggestions.
Lexus had 41" front legroom, most seem to be in that range. The Explorer has 43".
Was amazed the Alfa Romeo (which my wife liked) has only 36". Who can drive that?
USAFAg
AG
Me. I drive an Audi TTS. Being short has some benefits LOL. Besides the Tonale, have a look at the Silvio...might have more room.

Trinity Ag
S
Flaith said:

Acura MDX Type-S

Used ~2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Volvo V60 Recharge Polestar

Audi A6 Allroad
I'm picking up an A4 Allroad on Wednesday.

About $25k less than the A6 version.

You still won't see another one on any given week in Texas.
USAFAg
AG

MSRP: $147,000ish for 2024. Could pick up a Certified Preowned from Audi probably under $100K

But this baby DEFINATELY isn't boring and you will see another one maybe once in a blue moon. This and the R8 are what I am seriously being tempted by.

jh0400
AG
I'm 6'3 and have plenty of leg room in my 2022 Jeep GC Trailhawk. The plug-in hybrid is a blast to drive, and the Overland and Summit packages are very nice inside.
JamesPShelley
My Porsche mechanic, when I was considering an SUV, told me those Audi SUVs are wolves in sheep's clothing...
IslandAg76
AG
Spent some time driving a few of these-BMW X5, MB GLE 450 and Genesis.

All three were very nice inside. The German cars with the optional larger engines are pretty sporty.

Thanks for input.
Flaith
AG
OP wants something fun but more "mainstream"...

suggest RS6 Avant LOL

Honestly, Audi S6 is a hell of a deal if your budget is a step above my initial recommendations. Cheaper with more interior space than the identical sibling S7.

Not sure how tall you are, but I'm 6'3 265lbs and DD a Jetta GLI. I have no issue with leg room or head room with the seat properly adjusted.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.