Truck Antenna Recommendations

1,344 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by HollywoodBQ
GarryowenAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm tired of my truck antenna dragging across my garage and parking garage ceilings. Does anyone have a recommendation for a low(er) profile antenna for a 2022 GMC truck?
Complete Idiot
Obligatory nonsense

aggie_wes
AG
I just get the 21" wrapped deal. Looks like the factory antenna but it's 4-6" shorter.

Here
ChoppinDs40
AG
GarryowenAg said:

I'm tired of my truck antenna dragging across my garage and parking garage ceilings. Does anyone have a recommendation for a low(er) profile antenna for a 2022 GMC truck?
search in amazon. I bought one that's about 8" long. Works fine.
sts7049
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

GarryowenAg said:

TWSS
MyNameIsJeff
AG
BuiltRight is what I've put on my last few Fords. They probably don't work as well as the factory antenna, but 99% of my listening is Bluetooth.

https://builtrightind.com/products/perfect-fit-stubby-antenna-chevrolet-silverado-2019-gmc-sierra-2019
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Antenna masts r us on amazon.
BQ2001
AG
Thanks for that link. I was just thinking about a short antenna after driving through some ice/snow that was building up and bending mine. $29 is a no brainer.
KRamp90
AG
I like the stock one on my 2500HD DirtyMax. It lets me know where I can't fit.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
These are all the rage south of SA.

highlonesomeaggie
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

GarryowenAg said:

This
TexasRebel
AG
Jock 07
AG
Not to hijack the thread here, and at the risk of looking like an idiot, but I've been noting a lot of things sticking up on trucks lately that look kind of like an antenna I have no clue what they are and it's driving me crazy. They almost look kinda like a pear burner that you use to start the fire in the BBQ firebox with. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
TexasRebel
AG
Compact CB antennae.

The length is what matters, so they coil it up in that cylinder instead of the whips of old.

(I almost posted one of those instead of a coat hanger)
Jock 07
AG
Oh cool, that makes sense, thanks!
HollywoodBQ
AG
TexasRebel said:

That's Australia but I'm sure you could bend one into the shape of Texas.
HollywoodBQ
AG
KRamp90 said:

I like the stock one on my 2500HD DirtyMax. It lets me know where I can't fit.
+1
The ride height on my Expedition is 6'5". Antenna height is about 6'7". Max vehicle height in many parking garages in LA was about 6'6".
HollywoodBQ
AG
BQ2001 said:

Thanks for that link. I was just thinking about a short antenna after driving through some ice/snow that was building up and bending mine. $29 is a no brainer.
If you got so much snow/ice that your antenna was bending, that sounds like some extreme conditions. Where was that?

I learned the hard way last February in Northern Nevada that the LED headlights on my Jeep Wrangler don't generate enough heat to melt snow or ice. Sirius XM worked fine though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.