Is this hose clamp removable?

1,304 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by texsn95
Build It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or do I just cut it and put a hose clamp on to replace?

Inter webs no help.

TSW2012
AG
Picture doesn't show up for me
Build It
AG
Yea for some smart reason TexAgs flagged a picture of a heater hose connection off my phone?

Too late I cut it off. I think it was formed with that section of heater hose. Trying to replace a cracked plastic elbow. Now to get the elbow out of hose.
Build It
AG
Whatever kind of clamp that was made it possible to connect a 5/8 barb into a 7/8 ID hose. I don't think I can clamp that with a regular hose clamp.

Build It
AG

Stat Monitor Repairman
Might try an Oetiker if no room for hose clamp.
Build It
AG
I'm going to stick a small piece of 5/8 hose on the barb. It's OD is 7/8. Should fit right into the 7/8 heater hose.

We'll see.
Frisco
AG
Replaced mine at AutoZone with a dorman part
BrazosDog02
AG
I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!

I had to replace two hoses on my Ford….only took like 4 hours with the right tool and cut knuckles and hands to ease that ******* right off.

Quick connect fittings….they are very specific about the naming of these.
Build It
AG
Never again. I'll cut the next one off also and put a hose clamp on it. What a pain in the ass! The 5/8 hose into the 7/8 worked perfectly if anyone else faces that issue. That took a minute to figure out.

Now to figure out how to replace spark plug in #4 cylinder. Seems to require monkey dexterity and a longer handle drive than I have.

Stat Monitor Repairman

SK Tools and Gearwrench makes a flex head spark plug socket thats saved my ass a couple times.
BrazosDog02
AG
Epic ass pain. I replaced mine with OEM out of principal. I want the next guy to enjoy it as much as I did.

For plugs, I have a bag of extensions and sockets and flexible things that I can build to get to most places. It still sucks though.

My old 96 Dodge had gobs of room and that old technology allowed for basic repairs without a lot of fuss. Those days are gone.
texsn95
AG
I recently did plugs on this, that was fun...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.