Tailgate pron

2,507 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by mts6175
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.businessinsider.com/history-ford-f150-pickup-truck-tailgate-step-swing-pro-access-2023-11#by-2006-ford-had-added-an-extendable-step-on-the-tailgate-for-the-f-150-king-ranch-5

This is getting redonculous
agnerd
AG
Add some tool boxes in the fenders and you'll have a dodge.
Sims
AG
Should come with a swear jar mounted on the bumper for all the cussin thats gonna happen when you try to open that gate with the trailer still attached.

Anyone brave enough to back a gooseneck hitch through the gap?
JB
AG
Do people actually want all these tailgate doodads?
BiggiesLX
Trucks are turning into soccer mom vehicles. How soon will that hinge become misaligned after sitting on the tailgate, or getting up and down from the bed?
Complete Idiot
Man, I can't wait to steal one of these.
Furlock Bones
AG
JB said:

loved the original tailgate step Ford made. don't need anything else. bonus is a decently powerful plug in the bed.
Furlock Bones
AG
the absolute worst tailgate design is GM's that the step isn't usable with the hitch in place.
MGS
Shouldn't the door swing the other way so you more easily load it when parked on the street?
bam02
AG
I don't! Just adds weight, complexity, and seams.
cryption
One thing I do hate is the electronic opener for tailgates! My dad's ram battery died over the weekend. It has the electronic popper for the otherwise standard tailgate. Guess where the jumper cables were? In the covered bed. I miss a mechanical latch for tailgates already
BrazosDog02
AG
Sims said:

Should come with a swear jar mounted on the bumper for all the cussin thats gonna happen when you try to open that gate with the trailer still attached.

I'd say if you bought a half ton to use a gooseneck on then you'll probably try anything twice.
The Fife
BiggiesLX said:

Trucks are turning into soccer mom vehicles. How soon will that hinge become misaligned after sitting on the tailgate, or getting up and down from the bed?
It's been that way for a while now. This is just continuing farther down that path.
Sims
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Sims said:

I'd say if you bought a half ton to use a gooseneck on then you'll probably try anything twice.
Oh, you know the superduty crowd isn't going to be left out of the swinging tailgate game.
WildcatAg
AG
Stop making the trucks sit so high that you need some type of goofy step to get in the bed or side swinging door to pull something out of the bed.
Jack Boyett
AG
0% chance that thing will still work after 200k miles.
BrazosDog02
AG
Sims said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Sims said:

Oh, you know the superduty crowd isn't going to be left out of the swinging tailgate game.

Having had an accident with a tailgate and trailers, I'd be down for that gate. But I've also had to do some shady deals in iffy apartment parking lots to replace one so I'm not excited about the costs of replacement.
drumboy
AG
Furlock Bones said:

JB said:

loved the original tailgate step Ford made. don't need anything else. bonus is a decently powerful plug in the bed.
Thieves love them as well.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
ElephantRider
AG
Do people struggle with regular tailgates?
The Fife
If they do it has to be in a ridiculous and absurd way, like how people fumble around with things on commercials for As Seen on TV crap.
Complete Idiot
The Fife said:

If they do it has to be in a ridiculous and absurd way, like how people fumble around with things on commercials for As Seen on TV crap.
The Fife
If Chris Farley were still alive...
agnerd
AG
JB said:

I have the dodge one:

Now that trucks are too high to reach the bottom of the bed from the sides, the back is really the only way to access it. I really like being able to reach in from the bumper instead of having to reach in from behind the tailgate. I get an extra 2 feet of reachable area including more than half of the bed. I do wish that it swung as one piece instead of 2 doors like old station wagons though.
JB
AG

BiggiesLX
That's sick!!

Since trucks are so tall now will we see flat bed options from manufacturers? The look would be slick and as long as there are enough D rings and tie downs you'd be good. Reduces weight and cost.
Tim Weaver
BiggiesLX said:

That's sick!!

Since trucks are so tall now will we see flat bed options from manufacturers? The look would be slick and as long as there are enough D rings and tie downs you'd be good. Reduces weight and cost.
No.

If you need to haul something, go rent a Uhaul. Then you can leave the bed empty like its supposed to be.

We tried making the bed so small nothing fits in it. Then we have made it so tall you can't reach it. Pretty soon we're just going to have to enclose it and fill it with seats so you'll quit putting stuff back there.
BrazosDog02
AG
Tim Weaver said:

BiggiesLX said:

That's sick!!

No.

If you need to haul something, go rent a Uhaul. Then you can leave the bed empty like its supposed to be.

We tried making the bed so small nothing fits in it. Then we have made it so tall you can't reach it. Pretty soon we're just going to have to enclose it and fill it with seats so you'll quit putting stuff back there.

The Stabbin' Cabin is born.
tk for tu juan
BiggiesLX said:

That's sick!!

Since trucks are so tall now will we see flat bed options from manufacturers?
mts6175
AG
Furlock Bones said:

the absolute worst tailgate design is GM's that the step isn't usable with the hitch in place.
It's the best design of all if you buy the right hitch. Leave mine in with zero issues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.