2016 F250 screen not working at all

1,458 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by AggieP18
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody deal with this before? Suggestions? No other problems with the truck or electronics and a/c and radio still work fine.

Getting quotes to replace with a new oem screen but wondering if there could be a fuse we have overlooked or something similar.
Daddy-O5
AG
I started having issues with the screen on my 2015 (touch screen was being janky) and I just replaced the unit with a sync 3 unit with apple car play from eBay. Can't speak to ways to troubleshoot or diagnose yours, but definitely look at upgrading to sync 3 and pretty easy to replace on your own.

Factory SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 Upgrade Kit 3.4 Fit for Ford Sync3 APIM Module Carplay
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Why does an f250 even have screen? Is this essential to our survival, in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? No. What are we then? We are consumers. We're the byproducts of a lifestyle obsession.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Mas89
AG
Thanks, we tried all of the suggestions on a google search but nothing came on. Looking into replacing the screen and adding Apple car play.
JB
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

I started having issues with the screen on my 2015 (touch screen was being janky) and I just replaced the unit with a sync 3 unit with apple car play from eBay. Can't speak to ways to troubleshoot or diagnose yours, but definitely look at upgrading to sync 3 and pretty easy to replace on your own.

Factory SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 Upgrade Kit 3.4 Fit for Ford Sync3 APIM Module Carplay
Dang, might need to do this.
Daddy-O5
AG
30-45 minute install. Basically a direct swap of the unit and swapping the connections under the center dash storage area. Others sell that unit but ebay was the cheapest I saw (lots of different sellers within ebay as well). No real issues in a year or so of installing. The updated interface and Apple car play is a significant upgrade IMO.

ETA: The only "problem" (term being used very loosely) is you have to link into Apple Carplay from the center dash USB connections. You have to run a long Iphone cord to hook your phone in and set it down some where. Check out ProclipUSA for a good mounting system to keep your phone from sliding everywhere.

AggieP18
No issues controlling the heated/cooled seats?

I've also seen units with hands free capability for Apple car play using a usb connector at the dash port.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.