Bad Drivers

2,006 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
jakelew04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The chicken nugget thread made want to hear y'all's stories (bad drivers that hit us, don't admit to anything).

My 16 year old neighbor slammed into my truck that was parked in front of my house. It was his first morning driving himself to school. He made it 1.5 blocks.

AtlAg05
AG
jakelew04 said:

The chicken nugget thread made want to hear y'all's stories (bad drivers that hit us, don't admit to anything).

My 16 year old neighbor slammed into my truck that was parked in front of my house. It was his first morning driving himself to school. He made it 1.5 blocks.

That is why you don't give a 16 year old a nice car. He was probably trying to do something with his phone, if I had to guess
aTm2004
AG
And this is why you don't park on the street.
drumboy
AG
AtlAg05 said:

jakelew04 said:

That is why you don't give a 16 year old a nice car. He was probably trying to do something with his phone, if I had to guess

That's a 15 year old Benz that's probably worth $6k.
jakelew04
AG
aTm2004 said:

And this is why you don't park on the street.

I know. I was being lazy for a few weeks.

Kid's dad told me he paid $3k for the car. Still had the paper plates.
EMY92
AG
I was driving down a really wide 2 lane street. The street was easily wide enough for 2 lanes in each direction.

I see an approaching car swerving all over the road. I figured that he dropped something (first mistake). As he approached, I kept moving further and further to the right until my wheels were up against the curb. The curb was too tall for me to jump in the vehicle I was in. I laid on the horn and was at a full stop when the idiot slams into the front fender of my car and goes all the way down the side. (My second mistake was not turning off the road at the previous intersection)

The first words out of the guys mouth when he got out of his car were, "Sure is a beautiful day!" He was stoned out of his mind.

He was on his way to the hospital to pick up his wife and newborn.

He was driving his aunt's car. Since the insurance didn't match his license, I called the agent from the scene. He called the owner.

The guy wasn't cited, the cop even drove the idiot to the hospital.
danieljustin06
AG
I was heading south approaching an intersection with a red light for me in the left lane with a turning lane to the left of it. A tahoe was in the left turn lane on the eastbound lanes. As I was coming to a stop she started her turn, and taking it really tight. I was approximately 50 feet from the stop line when I realized she was on her phone and turned around looking in the back seat (her 12 month old son was crying), honk, and she corrected just enough for her to make our quarter panels collide all while I was still in the left pane. She was 24 mexican girl and now scared ****less because she wrecked her boyfriend's vehicle.

The vehicle had western general insurance. I made the claim on the Monday after (it was a Sunday morning when the accident happened) and the claims process was not normal. After reading reviews of 4-6 months of claims being processed I made a claim with my insurance. Took 2 weeks with my insurance to get it fixed and 10 months to get my deductible and reimbursement for the rental back.

JAW3336
AG
I was 18 at the time. I topped a hill on county road going about 50 mph and the were 2 trucks stopped in the road talking, both facing me. A box truck was stopped on his side of the road and a f-150 was on my side facing me. I hit the brakes and steered in between them but I was a foot too wide and got wedged in between them.

The a$$hat in the f-150 got out and started yelling at me about how I was going too fast and not paying attention. I yelled back his dumb bass was stopped in my lane. The box truck driver joined in about how fast I was going.

DPS trooper listened to both of them say I was flying over the hill. He measured the skid marks, and calculated I was going between 45-49 mph. I just stood there smiling as he wrote the f-150 driver a ticket.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I knew a guy who used to hunt armadillos with his car.

One night he saw two of them a-walkin' down the line
He couldn't believe his luck cause that there made twenty-nine
And so he rolled the first one runnin', the second was too fast
His breaks and laughter squealin' as he stomped down on the gas
Good God, his car was sideways flyin'
When the bridge wall met his door
The impact shook the river bed
His foot went through the floor

TXTransplant
Reminds me of an accident that happened when I was in college.

I was driving my new 2001 Honda Accord Coupe (that had replaced my beloved 1994 Nissan 240 SX that met its demise thanks to a bass boat seat in the middle of a narrow highway).

I was driving on the dead-end road we lived on, following behind an old beat-up pick-up truck. We were going about 20, which was the speed limit. All of a sudden the truck started driving in the other lane. I thought maybe he was going to make a left hand turn into the driveway that was there and was just cutting the corner of the turn.

So, he's driving the wrong way in the opposite lane, and as he slows down (presumably to turn), I start to pass him.

Evidently, the dude wants to turn - but he turns toward a driveway on the right - and directly into the door and rear fender of my brand new car.

I was flabbergasted. I get out of the car, and this old guy starts yelling at me, saying "Didn't you know I was going to turn into that driveway?!?"

We call the state trooper, and he declines to write either of us a ticket, blasts his siren at us because the old man is still yelling at me and I'm trying to defend myself, and then lectures me for "passing" the guy in the first place. Says I should have just stopped in the road and let the guy figure out what he wanted to do.

We file the accident on insurance. I have State Farm and he has Geico. A few days later, a woman from Geico calls me to hear my side of the story. At the end, she tells me that's what they thought happened and they are assigning fault to him, paying for my car repairs in full, and dropping him as a customer because he hit a deer a few months earlier.
jrrhouston98
AG
Driving back from the Colorado game in '95. We were in E2 and had gone to the game with Rev. We were in a full-size 2 door blazer with my roommate driving, buddy in the front seat, and me asleep on the back seat inside a sleeping bag. Note, the vehicle did not belong to any of us. It belonged to another buddy and he was in his dads suburban in front of us. I had started the trip shotgun then took over after I don't know how many hours. Roommate was asleep on the backseat the entire time. Early morning stop for gas and a change of driver and off we went. We got just a little way down the road and driver falls asleep and drifts to the median, on I believe 187 out of Amarillo headed to Ft Worth. Driver wakes up, slams on the brakes and swerves at the same time. We started flipping. I came to and I was hanging out the back window still in my sleeping bag. The front passenger side/windshield area was completely crushed. Buddy sleeping in the front seat had the seat leaned back and the roof was only inches away from his face. Somehow we all survived and walked away unhurt.

This is all pre-cellphone. We were stranded until an old couple stopped to help us out and all they really did was wait with us until troopers came. They called for a tow and drove us to the tow yard. We searched high and low and could not find anything with a phone number. We finally called the number on the insurance card. They contacted our buddy's dad, who called the guys in the suburban. Pre-cellphone but briefcase phones existed. They were 2 hours away and turned around to come get us. We get back to their house in Dallas and the dad asks us what the hell happened. Roommate/driver said he didn't fall asleep and just had a long blink. Uh, ok genius.

Fast forward a few months and it turns out the driver was uninsured, no license, and his mother tried suing the parents that owned the vehicle for allowing him to drive knowing he didn't have a license. Crap situation all the way around, but we lived to tell the tale.
normaleagle05
AG
Can you believe this rock jumped out in front of this Mustang at Whataburger this morning? Didn't even apologize to the pony driver.

I offered to winch him off the rock but assured him the rock was going to eat his rear bumper. He declined.

HollywoodBQ
AG
Replace that with a pipe bumper?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.