Ford: Free oil change for "essential" workers

8 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
fooz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a long list to qualify as "essential".

https://pages.email-ford.com/the-works-for-essential-workers

Quote:

Healthcare
Including patient care, public health, medical equipment and supplies workers; hospital and lab employees; and researchers, caregivers and therapists.

First Responders
Police officers, firefighters, paramedics, EMTs and employees/team members of the systems that support them.

Food and Agriculture
Employees at grocery and convenience stores, restaurants, and food processing and warehouses, as well as food service and food manufacturing workers and farmers.

Energy
Those in the maintenance and distribution of electricity, petroleum, and natural or propane gas.

Water and Sanitation
All employees needed to manage and maintain drinking water as well as drainage infrastructure.

Transportation and Logistics
Those supporting transportation, including dispatchers, drivers, and maintenance and repair technicians. Also includes postal and delivery workers.

Public Workers
All who support the operation and maintenance of essential public works facilities (roads, bridges, traffic signals and systems infrastructure).

Manufacturing
All employees responsible for producing materials and products required for medical supply chains and transportation.

Communications/IT
Those involved in the installation, distribution and maintenance of communication infrastructures, and IT employees who operate and support command centers.

Government Operations
Critical government workers, as defined by the employer, including elections personnel, building employees, security employees, trade officials, weather forecasters, customs workers and educators.

Financial Services
All employees needed to administer and maintain systems for processing financial transactions and services at banking and lending institutions.

Hazardous Materials
Employees at nuclear facilities who manage medical waste and waste from pharmaceuticals, laboratories processing test kits, and medical material production. Also, those responsible for the cleanup of waste and the maintenance of digital systems infrastructure supporting hazardous materials management operations.

Defense
Those who support, manage and maintain the essential services required to meet national security commitments to the federal government and the U.S. military.

Chemical Management
All employees who support chemical and industrial gas supply chains at manufacturing plants, labs and distribution facilities producing hand sanitizers, food/food additives, pharmaceuticals and paper products.

O'Doyle Rules
AG
Ford trying to get people who still have jobs onto their lot to look at the shiny new cars
fooz
O'Doyle Rules said:

Ford trying to get people who still have jobs onto their lot to look at the shiny new cars
I took the points since I know a mechanic at the dealership that changes my oil for free.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
fooz said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

I took the points since I know a mechanic at the dealership that changes my oil for free.

always good to know someone that will steal from the company in your favor!
fooz
O'Doyle Rules said:

fooz said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

always good to know someone that will steal from the company in your favor!
Stealing from the stealership. I like it.
clobby
AG
Shoot, might have to take advantage of this. Thank you.
PMD03
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I've been using the local quicklane for this anyways.
ghollow
Picard
AG
I have an appointment scheduled to try this out
fooz
Did this work for anyone or have you seen any rewards added? I haven't had any added.
Picard
AG
I forgot to follow up, sorry. So I took the truck in on Memorial Day and the dealership hadn't heard anything about this. So I gave them the paperwork and a photocopy of my employee ID. They said they'd call Ford on Tuesday and get themselves paid by corporate. I walked out paying nothing.

A week later they called me saying they couldn't get this applied against my Ford Rewards account. I verified the email address they had for the account and they had no idea what the issue was. I suggested they call Ford again and I wished them well.

No idea if they ever got this figured out on their end yet. I'm letting the dealership figure this out with Ford.

fooz
Just checked fordpass and 11,000 points were added.
Mustang1
AG
How do use the points? I've never had anyone at Quick Lane mention it.
fooz
Mustang1 said:

How do use the points? I've never had anyone at Quick Lane mention it.

When you go to pay tell them you want to use your rewards and they will pull up your account and deduct them.
Martin Q. Blank
Does it have to be a Ford?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.