Hellcat-Powered Mazda Miata

2,243 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Complete Idiot
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.hotcars.com/hellcat-engine-mazda-miata-swap/

schmendeler
AG
"You have something hanging out of your nose."
chimpanzee
chimpanzee

Complete Idiot
Beat me to the "want to die", i was going to post "License plate is WNT2DIE"
YouBet
AG
Lolwut.

Kind of reminds me of my buddy who put a 750 HP engine in a Pontiac Mera (which was a knockoff of a Ferrari 308 for you younger folks). This Miata may be a bit more extreme though.
AggieChemist
AG
Saw a supercharged 454 in a Fiero once. Still don't know how.
LOYAL AG
AG
Had a guy that hung around my HS (meaning that guy who had graduated but wouldn't move on) that had a Chevy 350 in a Pinto. Huge tires and a wheelie bar in the back.
LOYAL AG
AG
80's flashbacks aside hopefully Mazda takes this to heart and goes for it. This kind of thinking is what brought us the Cobra, after all.
Aggietaco
AG
There may be more tire on the ground in that pic than on the car.
Tumble Weed
There was a guy who stuffed a hot 327 into a green datsun pickup. He could smoke the tires for a block straight. Still couldn't pick up a chick though.
Complete Idiot
WHen I was in HS I was already as car obsessive as I am now - but also even more dumb. I convinced my New Braunfels friend to go in to San Antonio to look at a car I found in the paper auto trader magazines we had to rely on in the late 80's - the car was an MG with a 427 somehow stuffed under the hood. As we got to the address we realized it was a very unsafe looking area of town, and we were somewhat dumb for even going to look at this, so we turned my buddy's Chrysler Cordoba around (takes 50') and headed home.

The other car I took him to look at was right in New Braunfels. It was some 1970's era football field long convertible - but the owner had chopped out the chunk of the car from behind the front seats to the trunk and moved everything forward. So big overhangs and short wheelbase. So these two 17 year olds show up and the owner tosses us the keys and lets us take it for a drive without even accompanying us. We were gone a long time and drive included us "jumping" some railroad track crossing - at least when we came down off the high point it sounded like we wrecked the underside of the car, to the point we stopped and looked everything over. Then got back after the long drive and gave keys back and said "nah".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.