$125k 2012 Bugatti Veryon.......

3,657 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EMY92
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Replica..

Saw this on the news feed and thought it was pretty interesting. I don't know if I would call this sort of thing smart or just people are dumb with their money.

Done on a 2002 Mercury Cougar

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/winter-springs-2012-bugatti-veyron/6967909699.html
aggieforester05
AG
I'll never understand the desire to have a replica of a fast car built on the platform of a car that's underpowered and automatic. I know the Bugatti is automatic, but it was a 7 speed DCT vs a 4 speed fwd transaxle slushbox in the cougar.
TexAg1987
Looks good from a distance, but a close look at the pics....

WTH?
MouthBQ98
AG
Shoddy work. Instead of laminating the seams together until the correct shape with multiple glass or fiber layers, they filled it with bondo, or similar, which did not cure evenly and has cracked due to that or excessive vibration.
FamousAgg
TexAg1987 said:

Looks good from a distance, but a close look at the pics....

WTH?

As a good friend told me:

"Good from far, but far from good"
CATAGBQ04
AG

Being that my car went viral. And I have been sent the nicest texts messages ever. And uplifting. And some very weird and sickening. I wanted to say to you, when you act this way did you mom teach you that? Would you like someone to say this to your little brother or sister for their hard work? Well think of this before you sent a mean message. And for the great people that have shown support, thanks. My tires cost mower them most of these peoples cars that hit me up with the madness. Anyhow. You have all helped me. Free advertising. And to not let the haters bother. Cause now your irrelevant.

With that,Hello everybody from the West Coast (were I hear my car has made it to be a huge hit) to the East Coast, here we have my $125,000 custom build. This is a Bugatti Veyron. Which costs 90k to just build!!!! So much detail has been put into this car that can't not even be listed. The receipts reach nearly 90k. It's a beautiful car. For the Replica lovers out this. This car is for you! The best part is it's not a electrical nightmare like the Fieros. I've made them. All a headache. Yet neat. This car is more modern. And say well with the chassis with little mods to make this work..

Yes that's my Jeep. I as well custom build them. And Harley's.

So,....All badges are made Down to the internal clock. And brakes as well as calipers.

This is a 17 trophy winning replica. Done in a 2002 Mercury Cougar.
V6 stalk
AC works and all vents are done.
Suede headliner and dash in Perfect shape.
The wing retracts just like the real one.
The exhaust is throaty and strong.
Adjustable Coil overs.
Back seat is done in leather as well as front
It's New leather branded.

I have it specially insured through custom car insurance Haggerty at $120,000 agreed value.

Trades are welcome.
If you can't afford this you don't even waste your time.
Picard
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

V6 stalk

Ahhh yes, the old "V6 stalk"

03_Aggie
CATAGBQ04 said:

I have it specially insured through custom car insurance Haggerty at $120,000 agreed value.

Sounds like he needs to veer this thing off into Galveston Bay and collect the check.
JamesPShelley
Everyone's beating this guy up, but they forget that his tires cost mower than the cars you drive.

AgCPA95
AG
03_Aggie said:

CATAGBQ04 said:

Sounds like he needs to veer this thing off into Galveston Bay and collect the check.

"look out!!!! a pelican!!!!"
aggieforester05
AG
It has to be humiliating to get drug in a Bugatti Veyron by a sixteen year old kid in his Mom's Camry.
sts7049
AG
i mean...that is quite impressive, i gotta hand it to him
Guitarsoup
AG
If you are gonna spend the time and money that that had to take...

WTF are you starting with a 02 Cougar?
The Fife
lotsofhp
AG
The Fife said:

My brother sent me this video a long time ago. Do we have any detail about what was going on here? I've just seen the video.
Guitarsoup
AG
lotsofhp said:

The Fife said:

My brother sent me this video a long time ago. Do we have any detail about what was going on here? I've just seen the video.
Insurance Fraud. Sentenced to a year in federal prison. Andy House.
JosephMarcus
someone would really pay $125k for that pos? wow.
ElephantRider
AG
WHO WOULD SINK $90K INTO A MERCURY COUGAR?
OlArmy01
AG
I love how he mentions the custom dash and yet it looks like my 6 year old put it together. And is it just me or is the emblem on the front of the grill crooked?

lotsofhp
AG
Dill-Ag13
AG
A fool and his money something something
TSUAggie
Of course this had to be in Florida.
ElephantRider
AG
Only Florida Man would do this
AgEng06
AG
JosephMarcus said:

someone would really pay $125k for that pos? wow.
No, they would not. Notice he has not sold it.
aggieforester05
AG
I'm thinking he's lucky if he sells it for $10K to an old geezer that likes to hit the sit in a parking lot all day car show circuit.
03_Aggie
In case anyone was wondering, PFG said he liked the original version better
hatchback
AG
I was expecting this to be a Jalopnik "Nice Price or Crack Pipe" article for an actual Bugatti.
Jack Cheese
AG
I think this dude also has a time share on Lake Conroe that he would unload for $20k, with some Aggie tickets thrown in.

(Denizens of the Houston board will get this...)
tamuags08
AG
"Haters will say it's 'shopped"
EMY92
AG
His only prayer of getting any money out of that thing was to drive it to the area east of Houston and having it get flooded.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.