Let's see your maroon or burgundy vehicles...

7,850 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
91poohah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Post some pics of your maroon car or truck. Are you happy with the color, and is it close enough to the maroon you would want it to be? Not too red, not too purple, not too light, not too dark... There are so many maroon, burgundy, and shades of off-red that are close to a good Aggie maroon, but just not perfect. Curious if there is a consensus on the "best" maroon offered in the market at a certain time. It's tough as manufacturers change their color pallets, but every few years it seems someone gets it right... Thoughts and pics?
Picard
AG
drumboy
AG
I'd rock the shlt out of that.
JD05AG
AG
When it's clean, Ford's magma red color looks great.
Picard
AG
JD05AG said:

When it's clean, Ford's magma red color looks great.

I've never seen one that wasn't black

Centerpole90
AG

2001 Chevrolet 2500HD. Painted the Short Bus to match. It's a pretty good maroon, darker than some of the new redder colors like my Dad's 2014 silverado, but unmistakably maroon.
aggietony2010
AG
I'm satisfied with the maroon shade of my 2018 KIA Optima.

But it's a 2018 KIA Optima, so the shade of maroon is the most exciting thing about it.
God save the Patriarchy!
aggieforester05
AG
Ogre09
AG
The burgundy Toyota Sequoia is a nice Aggie color
coolerguy12
AG
Spotted on the golf course in CO. Wish it were mine.

ccolley68
AG
I dont have this one anymore ('06 model). My truck now is grey, but thought this was a good shade of Maroon. also, Dodge's of the same vintage, maybe a little older had a really solid Aggie shade of maroon.

[URL=.html][/URL]
HumpitPuryear
AG
calypsorot e34 BMW
HumpitPuryear
AG

'70 F250 Royal Maroon/Wimbledon White
Raptor
AG
Sienna with the Salsa Red Pearl color. It's maroon-ish enough for me.

This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

HollywoodBQ
AG
I'll have to dig up a picture of my 1999 Ford Expedition in "Dark Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic"
It's faded over the past 20 years but it was a solid Maroon when new.
I ordered it from a guy whose son played football for the Red Raiders.
When my truck showed up at his dealership, his first words were "Aw Hell, now I see why you ordered that color"
EMY92
AG
Here's the dark toreador red metallicr:

AgDaddy08-11
S
My 2017 Ford Fusion SE - Burgundy Velvet - Love the car & the color.

Strongwind86
AG

2016 F150 Lariat
Bronze fire
TexAgBolter
AG
Magma Red (black unless clean and in good light)

Aggietaco
AG
Salsa Red Pearl Tundra. Never leaves the garage but maroon enough for me.

GrimesCoAg95
AG
Magma red on the ford trucks looks great in person, but I have no chance of keeping it clean.
Yellerjacket
HumpitPuryear said:

Now that's a good lookin' truck!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Here's a pic of my 1999 Expedition. I ordered it without running boards because I never envisioned that I would still own it 20 years later and that my octogenarian father would need to climb into it. This is a picture I took of it two years ago in Waco after getting running boards installed. Note - the factory windshield with the Texas 2001 inspection sticker

It is 4WD but, I ordered the load leveling suspension and the compressor wasn't working to fill up the airbags at this time so it looks like the suspension has collapsed.

The Fife
Did you restore it or did it come that way? Going frame off with my '70 is perpetually a year away.
Old Sarge
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

NICE!
HumpitPuryear
AG
The Fife said:

Did you restore it or did it come that way? Going frame off with my '70 is perpetually a year away.
It was in exceptionally good unrestored condition when I bought it about four years ago. I'm just the third owner. It came out of Colorado but had pretty much always had a camper on it so it was mostly a Spring/Summer vehicle - not much exposure to salt and low miles. Previous owner had the engine rebuilt - 390FE with 429 crank makes about 416ci, RV cam, aluminum intake and 4-barrel carb. Paint was completely burned off the hood when I bought it but the truck was mostly dent-free and rust-free. I had it repainted in the stock color scheme. I re-painted the camper myself and added some '70 Royal Maroon accents to match the truck. Camper is a '71 Mitchell. Truck is a Camper Special so it came from Ford with power steering and power front disc brakes plus wiring for second battery, high-cap radiator and alternator, heavy duty springs. I drove it back to central Texas from Colorado with minimal problems besides the 7.5MPG. Had a leaky rear brake cylinder so I had to top off the brake fluid a couple times on the way. I've added FiTech electronic fuel injection and air conditioning. Also upgraded the interior with dynamat, carpet, and three-point seatbelts. It had a plastic floor cover over the sheetmetal floor - damn hot and loud. Much better now. Rusty white American Racing wagon wheels got replaced with the wheels and tires in the photos. I've been working on the camper lately - new floor, reupholster the dinette cushions, new curtains, etc. Planning on upgrading the exhaust on the truck next. It's begging for a nice rumbley dual exhaust. Here's a couple interior photos.

HumpitPuryear
AG
Thanks
HumpitPuryear
AG
Thank you. Drove it through Aggieland back in April on my way too and from Lake Livingston and got lots of thumbs up.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Do new F-150's have a true maroon now?
TexAg1987
HumpitPuryear
AG
That's a beauty. Factory color?
TexAg1987
HumpitPuryear said:

That's a beauty. Factory color?
No. It is a very common mustang and therefore has no real increased value being 100% stock.

So I did it the way I wanted it.

HumpitPuryear
AG
Wow that's one clean Mustang. Nice job.
Cromagnum
AG

dout04
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.