How to clean WeatherTech floor mats?

5,043 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
AGGIE WH08P
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those of you that have weather tech floor mats, what's your go to method to keep them clean? I recently washed mine off with soap and water and it got most of the deep dirt out, but there is still some areas that look dirty. I then tired some armorall to try and shine them up. Didn't do too much. Then tried tire shine. It did a little better, but obviously a little slippery. After 2-3 days, they are now dull and no longer slippery, but the dirty areas are starting to show back up. Y'all got any tips/tricks??
schmendeler
AG
Have you tried a brush?
Obi Wan Ginobili
Pressure washer at the DIY car wash
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Ya, I'm going to do the brush next. Maybe add some other cleaning solution like Simple Green or something similar. From reading on google, it sounds like a common issue. They sell some special cleaner for it that brings it back to the original shine.
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Mine look like his at the 5:50 mark I believe. Might have to buy some of that cleaning polish

JamesPShelley
AGGIE WH08P said:

For those of you that have weather tech floor mats, what's your go to method to keep them clean? I recently washed mine off with soap and water and it got most of the deep dirt out, but there is still some areas that look dirty. I then tired some armorall to try and shine them up. Didn't do too much. Then tried tire shine. It did a little better, but obviously a little slippery. After 2-3 days, they are now dull and no longer slippery, but the dirty areas are starting to show back up. Y'all got any tips/tricks??
You know... if your foot slips off the brake pedal because it looks nice and clean and shiny...

What color are your mats? Black would be preferable.
The Dog Lord
AG
AGGIE WH08P said:

Mine look like his at the 5:50 mark I believe. Might have to buy some of that cleaning polish

I've only ever had Husky brand, and they don't seem to look that dull after cleaning. He even mentioned in that video that the Weather Techs may be more prone to it.

Even though the Huskys look fine after a normal cleaning, I'd still usually armor all them to make them look even better. That's enough to keep em looking good for awhile, but I'm not constantly tracking in mud or dirt for my job either.
AGGIE WH08P
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Ya, that's why I would like to avoid that.
They are black mats
AGGIE WH08P
AG
The Dog Lord said:

but I'm not constantly tracking in mud or dirt for my job either.

This is my main problem. Muddy boots often. Dusty and dirty boots when not muddy.
JosephMarcus
are you suppose to clean them? I've had mine in my truck for 3+ years and haven't cleaned them once. and they have been covered in water, mud, grease, etc.
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Good question. I've read some "how to" directions on their website. They even sell weather tech cleaning solution. If you are someone that gets them dirty often, it sounds like this is a common problem. If you're someone that doesn't get them muddy often or just occasionally, then you probably won't have any issues. It's almost as if mine are stained from high foot traffic in a few areas. If I'm in the mud a bunch one week (a lot this past spring with all the wet weather) then I might go a week or two before washing them off.
EMY92
AG
I have the Ford version of the WeatherTech mats.

I did buy the WeatherTech cleaner for them, but I usually use Simple Green. I wipe them down when I clean the interior every week or two.
Goodbull_19
AG
What type of Simple Green? All purpose wipes? All purpose concentrated cleaner? Industrial degreaser?

And how does it compare to the Weathertech cleaner in terms of its ability to lift those deep stains out of the mats?
dubi
AG
I'm pretty sure Mr Dubi just hoses them off if they get super muddy.

Dirt is either vacuumed or shaken out every year or so.
EMY92
AG
I use the All Purpose that I buy at the grocery store.

I haven't had anything that needed a deep clean. I wipe my drivers side down weekly and the others as needed.
JSKolache
AG
Dawn dish soap or try liquid dish detergent
suburban cowboy
AG
Mexicans
Goodbull_19
AG
Bought the aerosol Stoner Vinyl and Plastic Trim and it worked great and didn't leave my weathertechs too slick
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
4:1 or 5:1 diluted simple green if they're really dirty.

Usually a shop vac and damp cloth keep mine looking decent.

I have found that Husky and Maxliner stay looking 'clean' longer than the WeatherTech.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.