Futuristic minivan on the highway. ID help

4,994 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by drumboy
sprintermike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw a very odd looking cargo/mini-van merging onto the highway today. Tried very hard to get a better view but fell short. It was very tall, with an almost wrap-around winshield. It was plain white and had a roof rack. Looks similar to Toyota Alphard, or VW "I.D Buzz" or new vanogen concept. Any new body styles from 2019 that might fit this description?
Picard
AG
I'm going to laugh if this ends up being the new Mercedes Sprinter van, sprintermike.

sprintermike
Continuing to look online. May have been the new 2019 Dodge Ram promaster, but not sure. I recall the model I saw had a full set of backseat passenger windows....if it was the promaster it was the low roof model.
The Fife
Picard said:

I'm going to laugh if this ends up being the new Mercedes Sprinter van, sprintermike.

Or a clean 1st gen Toyota Previa.
Flaith
AG
Chrysler Pacifica?

A. Solzhenitsyn
My guess is a 1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette
nortex97
AG
You might be an old if you notice a minivan on the highway and jump on the internet to identify the fantastic beast.
John Francis Donaghy
Honda Ridgeline
RightWingConspirator
AG
nortex97 said:

You might be an old if you notice a minivan on the highway and jump on the internet to identify the fantastic beast.
Okay, this response had me laughing. I guess I'm old now. My wife and I purchased a 2019 Honda Odyssey Elite a few months back and I absolutely love the thing. It's our first mini-van, but I really like how it drives. We've been SUV owners for almost all of our married lives, but we broke down and bought the mini-van.
CanyonAg77
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

nortex97 said:

Okay, this response had me laughing. I guess I'm old now. My wife and I purchased a 2019 Honda Odyssey Elite a few months back and I absolutely love the thing. It's our first mini-van, but I really like how it drives. We've been SUV owners for almost all of our married lives, but we broke down and bought the mini-van.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
lb3
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

RightWingConspirator said:

nortex97 said:

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Collective IQ of SUV group just dropped some..
CanyonAg77
AG
Duncan Idaho
A. Solzhenitsyn said:

My guess is a 1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette

First thing that popped into my head
Trinity Ag
S
Picard said:

Built in UAV systems, but driver's door is optional...
nortex97
AG
Comes with roof mounted drones for....something? Was Daimler pitching this concept at soccer moms/olds or UPS/fedex?
tk for tu juan
During a car chase, one drone flys ahead to look at traffic while the other drone tries to disable the vehicle chasing you
Whitetail
AG
Bet it was this:

aTm2004
AG
txags92
AG
Reminds me of my brother getting a call from his wife while he was at the dealership having some work done on his car. He had wandered next door to the Audi dealership and was looking at their first attempts at a crossover. His wife asked him what he was doing and he answered "I am over here looking at these badass station wagons..." She said "Honey, I married a man who raced motorcycles, liked to hunt and fish, and who would never refer to a station wagon as 'badass'! Please don't do it again".

Two year later, they bought a minivan...
AggieDruggist89
AG
Griswolds hit the road again?

AG

Ford Transit Connect?
aTm2004
AG
1939 said:

Ford Transit Connect?

That actually looks pretty good.
drumboy
AG
Whitetail said:

Bet it was this:

I like these with the London black cab look. I looked a while back and only found them available as wheelchair van customized models.
hatchback
AG
drumboy said:

Whitetail said:

Bet it was this:

I like these with the London black cab look. I looked a while back and only found them available as wheelchair van customized models.
They were specially designed as a handicap accessible vehicle.
CanyonAg77
AG
hatchback said:

drumboy said:

Whitetail said:

Bet it was this:

They were specially designed as a handicap accessible vehicle.
What is it?
hatchback
AG
The company is Mobility Ventures and the vehicles are built in Indiana.

http://www.mv-1.us/

Quote:

When we set out to design the world's first wheelchair-accessible vehicle, we had one goal. We didn't want to simply accommodate wheelchair accessibility; we wanted our vehicle to embrace it. The result is the MV-1. First and foremost a great vehicle, it meets or exceeds Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines right off the assembly line.

Built in AM General's state-of-the-art Commercial Assembly Plant in Mishawaka, IN, with dealerships across the U.S., this is a new American-made automotive standard. The one vehicle on the road designed and built for wheelchair accessibility from the ground up.
sprintermike
It was not the MV-1, which I am familiar with. Current guess is still the 2019 Ram, low top, passenger model (with side windows), but not totally sold on that.
rather be fishing
AG
Cap Metro in Austin has a bunch of the MV-1s.
SnowboardAg
AG
Whitetail said:

Bet it was this:

I actually did see one of these this week and thought - that's interesting - what is that? I didn't bring it to Texags for fear of harassment.
aggiebq03+
Trinity Ag said:

Picard said:

Built in UAV systems, but driver's door is optional...

Kinda high up for a Dukes of Hazard entrance, but probably worth it to get the drones on the roof.
drumboy
AG
Saw one of these yesterday, Toyota Hiace w/ Mexico plates. I've seen them before at like them.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
aTm2004 said:

We've always called that the "vacuum van" because it looks like the old dust devil handheld vacuums that everyone had.
drumboy
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

aTm2004 said:

We've always called that the "vacuum van" because it looks like the old dust devil handheld vacuums that everyone had.

My mom got her first new car, a baller custom Astrovan in 1990 and these had just come out. I remember they looked at these vans too and asked about the windshield replacement cost and it was around $2k....nope.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.