Vehicle Registration - TCEQ Emissions Prgm Non-Compliance

10,099 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wrecking__Crew
SomeRandomAg#2580
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picard
AG
I don't know but here's a guess. Someone reported you to the smog hotline. So either you're burning oil or you pissed someone off.

AG
Has it ever been registered in an emissions county?

Had this happen when I was doing the brazos county student exemption thing. Had to have it pass in Dallas Co to register
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Picard
AG
Well I couldn't find anything online to support my previous theory so I'm probably wrong. I did find this though:

• Vehicle owners that receive an annual vehicle registration renewal notice that has a "TCEQ - EMISSIONS PRGM NON-COMPLIANCE" remark printed on the front page will be unable to renew registration until the non-compliance issue is resolved. For information call the TCEQ's Registration Denial Hotline at 1(888)-295-0141.
  • Targeted On-Road Inspections (Remote Sensing)
    On-road inspections are used to target high-emitting vehicles commuting from adjacent ozone nonattainment counties. Targeted motorists are required to have their vehicle inspected within 30 days of notification. The van-installed on-road inspection equipment is strategically placed to capture auto emissions from single-lane traffic in an acceleration mode. On-road inspections may also be used as a program validation tool to inspect vehicles exiting from inspection and repair sites. Vehicles targeted by the on-road inspection program that do not pass the required emission inspection may be ineligible to receive their vehicle registration.
sts7049
AG
maybe you were behind some car belching fumes and also happened to pass by a monitor?
IDAGG
AG
Picard said:

• Targeted On-Road Inspections (Remote Sensing)
    On-road inspections are used to target high-emitting vehicles commuting from adjacent ozone nonattainment counties. Targeted motorists are required to have their vehicle inspected within 30 days of notification. The van-installed on-road inspection equipment is strategically placed to capture auto emissions from single-lane traffic in an acceleration mode. On-road inspections may also be used as a program validation tool to inspect vehicles exiting from inspection and repair sites. Vehicles targeted by the on-road inspection program that do not pass the required emission inspection may be ineligible to receive their vehicle registration.

JEEBUS, that is California level gestapo emissions regulations. Seriously. I knew Cali does this stuff. but Texas does as well? Wow.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
akaggie05
AG
2.5 year bump.

Just got my renewal notice with the "TCEQ Emissions Prgrm Non Compliance" text. Trouble is, this is on a BMW X5 diesel (registered in Dallas county). I've never gotten a diesel emissions test, as they are not required in Texas. Also curious, on the registration notice, the "fuel type" field is blank. Pretty sure it correctly indicated diesel on last year's.

I do remember that when I bought the vehicle used in 2016 from a dealer in Houston (Beck and Masten South), the inspection/registration paperwork that came with it at the time made it seem as though they had tested it at the dealership as if it had a gasoline engine (not sure how that would even be possible with OBD2, but ok).

The next year when I went to get it inspected, my shop in Dallas correctly recognized that it was a diesel and did the safety-only check. But, the printout said "gasoline" and the shop had just crossed that out and charged me the $7.50 instead of the full price for the emissions test. I had basically put that out of my mind until I went to actually renew the sticker, and realized that I was about to be charged more at registration time due to emissions testing.

So, I called some DMV help number and talked to a guy who seemed like he was trying to be really helpful... he took down my VIN, tried to confirm the engine type, etc. But, he never seemed to get anywhere with that and I honestly don't remember how it got resolved (or if it did).

Fast forward to now and it looks like the state thinks I have a gasoline-powered vehicle that is in fact a diesel. Has anyone gone through this before? Any tips on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated.
will.mcg
AG
When I have had issues with machinery registration at work I have had the most success going in person(when there isn't a huge line) and they are usually very helpful & get it worked out. Takes some time.
Wrecking__Crew
AG
Same thing just happened to me. Recently bought a 2014 wheelchair accessible van from Victoria. The Van never had an Emissions test (not required in Victoria) and failed to register in Austin until successful Emissions test was registered with TCEQ, or I show proof of Emissions "pass" at the tax office.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.