New Chevy blazer

2,952 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 80085
cledus6150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just saw photos of the new blazer (on cell so no photos), I have to say I feel like GM missed the mark in this one big time. Instead of offering a full-size two door option with a v-8 they only offer a mid- size with 4 doors and no v-8. I know the last blazers where small suv's But I was hoping for something more along the line of the 2-door Tahoe/K5 blazer. I guess fords bronco will likely out compete this gm product easily.
chimpanzee
I had not heard that they were re-launching the model name, and I follow car stuff pretty closely. After looking it up just now and seeing what they came up with, I can see why they didn't bother with the hype. The S-10 based versions were forgettable in every way.

It looks like everyone else's midsize unibody FWD based CUV.

LINK

Some respected professor of car sales must have decreed that a full sized 2-door SUV will bankrupt your company. Every time some talented kid with photoshop makes a decent rendering of one, the whole automotive enthusiast community on the internet goes apesh_t over something that every full sized truck manufacturer could make from stuff in the parts bin.

Even the new Bronco will be based on the global Ranger chassis, though they look to be aiming at the Wrangler with the marketing so far.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Looking at the photos GM did not plan to take on the Bronco at all. It's direct competitors per the article i read are the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano.

They must've gotten tired of trying to make up names and decided to just use an old one.
Silvy
AG
That's a rebadged Equinox, change my mind.
evan_aggie
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Looking at the photos GM did not plan to take on the Bronco at all. It's direct competitors per the article i read are the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano.

They must've gotten tired of trying to make up names and decided to just use an old one.

Looks like a Murano and CX5 mix..
hurricanejake02
AG
silverado_lover said:

That's a rebadged Equinox, change my mind.
Looks like an attempt to trick you into thinking this isn't a Traverse.
MouthBQ98
AG
Some marketing idiot mentions "family" because they know immediately some dolts will buy a two door car and then complain it would be more convenient with 4 doors for daily mall crawling use.

This is even worse. It is purely a badged car based wagon. It's got no SUV pedigree at all. It's a grocery getter that looks like Mazda designed it.
MouthBQ98
AG
Seems a lot like when Nissan DESTROYED the pathfinder legacy. Old pathfinders were quality off-road vehicles that could be built up and were tough.

The new unibody model is a pure grocery getting soccer mom mobile.
hurricanejake02
AG
Thank you, CAFE standards...
The Lost
this thing is trash... and a cx-5

it is blazing nothing except the frozen food aisle
barney94
AG
Abomination
AG
Looks like it will be a formidable competitor to the Edge, just wish they would not have used the Blazer name.
MouthBQ98
AG
Per Ford, there may not be an Edge to compete with? Are they keeping their wagon...Er...suv lines when they drop cars in North America like they talked about?
Mateo84
AG
Wth is the point of this vehicle? It looks like everything else on the road already.

All it does is further tarnish the Blazer name ... reminds me of what Pontiac did with the GTO name a decade or so ago
AG
if one shows up on the emerald aisle I'll give it a good flogging
txyaloo
AG
Mateo84 said:

Wth is the point of this vehicle? It looks like everything else on the road already.

All it does is further tarnish the Blazer name ... reminds me of what Pontiac did with the GTO name a decade or so ago
The 05-06 GTOs were good cars which were very similar to GM's original model of the GTO which was just an option package on an otherwise boring car. GM marketed it poorly. They probably would have been better off calling it the HSV, but look at how they poorly marketed the G8 and SS. The big thing that hurt it was the SN197 Mustang coming out at the same time and people wanting that "retro" look.
EMY92
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Per Ford, there may not be an Edge to compete with? Are they keeping their wagon...Er...suv lines when they drop cars in North America like they talked about?
Non-Mustang cars are gone, SUVs will continue. Don't know about the Edge specifically.
kyledr04
AG
That thing sucks.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yawn
Bigballin
AG
Wow. Did this thread title ever disappoint
Drip99
AG
Fantastic...another jd power award winner. Can't wait to see this added to the real people not actor commercials!!
Ag for Life
AG
Finally clicked the link and promptly threw up in my mouth. Whoring out the Blazer name for a Rav4 clone? What the **** is GM thinking?
Dill-Ag13
AG
Better than what Mitsu did with the eclipse
Ronnie
AG

gig em 02
Am I the only one that likes the new Traverse? Ripped off the explorer lines that ford ripped off from Range Rover
easttexasaggie04
AG
This is such a missed opportunity to make a badass SUV and bring some excitement to the GM brand.
YouBet
AG
gig em 02 said:

Am I the only one that likes the new Traverse? Ripped off the explorer lines that ford ripped off from Range Rover
I like the way it looks too.
AustinCountyAg
Looks to me like a rip-off of the RX350. It looks pretty good with the bigger rims. In person though it will prolly look like *****
kyledr04
AG
I wish it would have been a 4 runner competitor.
Garrelli 5000
AG
It looks exactly like the Jeep Cherokee. Just what we needed, another tall car to prevent boring people from damaging the undercarriage when they hop a curb.

Take the trash out staff.
AG
Ag for Life said:

Finally clicked the link and promptly threw up in my mouth. Whoring out the Blazer name for a Rav4 clone? What the **** is GM thinking?

Whatever pedigree the Blazer name had was tarnished with the S10 line

TX scallywAG
AG
robertf03 said:

Ag for Life said:

We have different memories there. The s10 blazers were well received at the time. The only other family SUV I can think of from the time period was the Jeep Cherokee. I recall lots of positive buzz.

I never understood canning the Trailblazer for the Traverse. I had a GM rep tell me the internal buzz was that the TB was cannibalizing Tahoe sales too much.

Regarding the 4Runner, we test drove a new one last month and weren't impressed at all. It sat up high which was nice (and a criteria for this recent buy) but compared to the Tahoe it rode much rougher, had basically no bells & whistles, and wasn't near as roomy. Their sales folks told us to look at Highlanders. The 4Runner is more of "baja vehicle" while the Highlander had the luxury features. Even the Tacomas were nicer. The HL rides on a lower car frame though so we weren't interested. Seems Toyota is letting the 4Runner fall behind and it lead to me buying a Tahoe. There is a gap there but not convinced it isn't filled with the Tahoe by Chevy. Sounds like the normal "bring back the 2 door z71 tahoe" talk... which I agree with
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
AG
Aggie MHA said:

robertf03 said:

Ag for Life said:

We have different memories there.

Yes, we do. To me it looked like GM didnt want to be out-turded by the Bronco 2

Silvy
AG
I won't say the S10 Blazer was a good vehicle, but you're a loon if you think it was more of a turd than the Bronco 2.
AG
silverado_lover said:

I won't say the S10 Blazer was a good vehicle, but you're a loon if you think it was more of a turd than the Bronco 2.

Dr Grant didnt outfit his park with Jimmys
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.