New Boost rule 1

6,555 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tailgatetimer10
drummer0415
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long time lurker, but don't really post here much (at all). Just wanted to share the new boost.

I previously had a 2015 f150, 2.7L boost, 2wd. My wife and I are wanting to buy an RV trailer some time in the next year so I needed to upgrade to something with a little more nuts for towing the trailer. Decided to jump on some end of year deals and came home with this yesterday.

2017 Lariat
3.5L boost
10 speed
Fx4
6.5ft bed

Ag for Life
AG
Very nice! Love the color
vansprinkle
AG
Well done with the 6.5 bed. I'll never buy a truck without one!
sts7049
AG
nice truck. i think the mutts approve too!
Corps_Ag12
AG
vansprinkle said:

Well done with the 6.5 bed. I'll never buy a truck without one!

Ditto
drummer0415
AG
Funny story about the 6.5ft bed. I looked at several trucks online, and had a few "prospects" picked out that had the options I wanted, but I know 98% of f150s have the 5.5ft bed so it wasn't on my list must haves. Well looking at the pics of this one online I didn't even notice that it was the 6.5ft bed. As soon as I got to the dealer and saw it in person I immediately noticed the 6.5ft bed and it was a very pleasant surprise. I pretty much decided at that point I was going home with that truck. Didn't even bother to look at the other prospects.

milkman00
AG
Care to mention how much it set you back? Or how much off MSRP you got? Nice truck.
drummer0415
AG
MSRP was right at $56k. The price they had it advertised online was $48.5k with rebates, OR 0%. I ended up negotiating them down so that I got the 0%, added a bedliner ($400) and a trailer brake controller ($400), and got them down to $51k drive out price (including TT&L)

When I first told them I wanted the 0%, they took off some of the rebates and the drive out price was like $55k. I told them I wanted to drive out for $51k. The sales guy went and talked to sales manager and he came back and said we can't do that, the best we can do is $53k I said ok thanks but no deal. So I got up and shook his hand and started walking out. He was like wait let me try one more time. Goes back to sales manager and comes back and says here you go and it was like $51,190, and the sales manager wrote Merry Christmas on the write up sheet. So I said ok let's do it.

This was at Autonation Ford Katy.

ETA: trucks are stupid expensive.
Furlock Bones
AG
i don't see any stealership badges. good work.
drummer0415
AG
I absolutely despise dealership badges. I'm probably going to pull the ecoboost badges off the sides, and considering pulling the f150 badge off the tailgate also.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
That's the prettiest truck color on the road.
Congratulations very nice.
dodger02
AG
$51k? Holy smokes. I'm lightheaded...
dodger02
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

That's the prettiest truck color on the road.
Congratulations very nice.
Oh. And this. Beautiful truck.
drummer0415
AG
dodger02 said:

$51k? Holy smokes. I'm lightheaded...

Yeah like I said, trucks are stupid expensive.

And that's just an f150. You should look at the prices of f250s. You'll go from light headed to full on cardiac arrest in about 2 seconds.
MouthBQ98
AG
I still miss my old truck that got totaled. 8 foot bed. I could buy a truckload of plywood and nobody could even tell.

Granted, with the seats folded down I can fit whole sheets of plywood in my old suburban.
Texmid
AG
Nice Truck. I was looking to replace my 2011 F250 Lariat. A 2017 model with the same features as mine was listed at $70k. Nope!
WildcatAg
AG
Nice Truck!
drummer0415 said:

I absolutely despise dealership badges. I'm probably going to pull the ecoboost badges off the sides, and considering pulling the f150 badge off the tailgate also.

Get the silly stickers off the rear fenders too! You can sell them to a high school kid for $500.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Damn. I bought a Chevy half ton LTZ. Sticker was 48k. I drove out at 34k.
permabull
AG
PFG
AG
Quote:

You should look at the prices of f250s. You'll go from light headed to full on cardiac arrest in about 2 seconds.

Not if you buy a gasser and stay Lariat or below. I spent a little less for a 2017 F250 with the 6.2

Beautiful truck. Love the color.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
PFG said:

Quote:

You should look at the prices of f250s. You'll go from light headed to full on cardiac arrest in about 2 seconds.

Not if you buy a gasser and stay Lariat or below. I spent a little less for a 2017 F250 with the 6.2

Beautiful truck. Love the color.

Or buy an XL and add all the crap you want to it.....
drummer0415
AG
Maroonedinaustin said:

They have to lower the price that much because nobody wants to buy their crappy products. Supply and demand bruh.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
drummer0415 said:

Maroonedinaustin said:

They have to lower the price that much because nobody wants to buy their crappy products. Supply and demand bruh.
The Wonderer
AG
drummer0415 said:

There is most likely an alignment hole behind it that will be exposed when you pull the badge. Same on the front fenders.
Owlagdad
I want to pull trigger on 3.5- have you talked to someone about how it tows ? I have 26 ft number pull weighs around 5300- and we mevercput water or a lot of gear in it.
drummer0415
AG
Update:

Truck already 53k miles (I drive a lot for work and have family out of town that we visit often).

Well I started getting a LOUD clanking noise from the engine on cold startup. It seriously sounds like an old 7.3 diesel for about 1-1.5 seconds the first time I start it up every morning. Even after sitting only 3 or 4 hours during the day, there will be some noise on startup but not quite as loud.

Took truck to dealership, they diagnosed it and the service advisor couldn't explain to me 100% what was wrong, but said it had something to do with the cam phaser/sprocket. They're going to fix it under warranty, so they ordered parts last week and I dropped it off this morning to be fixed. They estimate about week. I'll keep y'all updated on that.

Anyways, I still love my boost and I know there's a lot of positive discussion around here about them, But I just wanted to be fair and say they aren't necessarily 100% trouble free.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I've read about this on the forums.. makes me wonder if I'll see this on my 2019
drummer0415
AG
Can you explain it better than the service adviser? What exactly is that issue?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Not 100% sure of the cause, but basically they have a TSB out for faulty cam phasers. Apparently they're not adjusting properly for a cold start, which is why it goes away after warming up.
fooz
drummer0415 said:

Pretty sure it's this TSB. Common issue unfortunately .

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10148706-9999.pdf

eta: that one is for the 3.5l, there's another for the 2.7.
tailgatetimer10
AG
This one is also for 2015....

Here's the thread I was referring

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/17-3-5-ecoboost-rattle-401441/
AlaskanAg08
AG
my truck is in right now for the same issue. 2017 3.5 with 32k miles on it. sounds like a ****ty diesel on start up. hopefully they will fix her right up.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I still miss my old truck that got totaled. 8 foot bed. I could buy a truckload of plywood and nobody could even tell.

"I've got an eight-foot bed that never has to be made"
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
drummer0415
AG
Just got call from the dealership. My truck is done and ready for pickup. I'll report back if it's actually fixed after a few days of cold startups.
Canyon99
fooz said:

drummer0415 said:

Pretty sure it's this TSB. Common issue unfortunately .

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10148706-9999.pdf

eta: that one is for the 3.5l, there's another for the 2.7.

I've got this issue on my 2011 3.5l. Sounds like total **** when I start it up almost every morning for the past week. How much is this going to cost me?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.