Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2015 Grand Cherokee

746 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CDUB98
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As some of y'all may recall from other threads I've started in the last 6 months, we've had some issues with our current 2007 guzzler.

We got it back last night after a near month absence, and I can't shake the feeling that there is still something not quite right.

We know our cars pretty well, right, I can say here that I'm not crazy thinking there is a vibration coming from something that rotates. I can barely feel it, can't hear it. I just feel a little something in the floor and the steering wheel that I do not believe is road noise.

Long story to say that I think I found a great candidate to replace it. A 2015 with a Hemi, QD-II, navigation, gigantic sunroof option.

What sort of issues and problems have been typical. I've started to peruse the Jeep forum for WK2's and so far don't see anything stand out like on the WK forum.

So, I thought I'd ask here for y'alls body of knowledge, and if you read this far, you're awesome.
p_bubel
Give the panoramic sunroof a good going after. The early ones had a rattle issue, IIRC. Assuming it has the Quardra Lift suspension make sure it's not leaking air. (It will sit low after being parked for a while)
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Assuming it has the Quardra Lift suspension make sure it's not leaking air. (It will sit low after being parked for a while)
Hmmm, that one may be tough to do without hanging out at the dealership for a while.
p_bubel
It will be sitting there overnight before you go and look at it... more than likely.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
You may or may not like the shifter. It is a lever/bump style. And iirc, it is oriented funny, meaning you might put it in reverse when you intended park.
CDUB98
AG
And it sold before I even got a chance to look at it.

Went to look at a used 2017 with 5k miles on it Saturday. It sold before we got there.

Sigh. We don't need one right away, but I would at least like an opportunity to look.

I did drive a V6 for the heck of it on Friday. That thing is pretty peppy. Makes the decision between it and the Hemi a bit more difficult. It's the wife's DD, so not sure we need another guzzler, and those 3.09 gears really neuter that thing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.