2013 VW Beetle fuse box location

31,228 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mustang6tee8
HHH 95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the car rental place gave me a 2013 VW Beetle. Oh well. It drives surprisingly better than I had expected, but neither of the 12V outlets are working. So I'm guessing it's simply a fuse. I need the 12V outlet to use my GPS, charge my phone, etc.

However, I can't find the fuse box. There was no owner's manual in the glove compartment, and it's not available online (from what I could find). I really don't want to drive all the way to the rental place just to complain about a blown fuse when I can fix that myself.

So two questions:

1) Where in the **** is the interior fuse box? I've looked in all the usual places and haven't found one. I found one under the hood by the battery, and I assume there's one by the instrument panel somewhere. I just haven't found the access door yet.

2) If you happen to know where the fuse box is located, would you also happen to know what fuse location is for the 12V outlets?

Thanks in advance.
drmwvr
AG
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/3318-fuse-box-location.html

This should help. Good luck!
HHH 95
AG
Thanks drmwvr.

Found the fuse box behind a small storage compartment door by the driver's left knee. Once I unsnapped the door from its plastic hinge, I was able to access the fuses. The fuse puller was attached to the back of that compartment door.

Fuse #30, a 20-amp fuse, was indeed burned out.

sts7049
AG
Kinda makes you wonder what the previous renters did to it
Mookie
AG
i would punch the rental car lady in the face if she said, "sir, I have a beetle for you to drive today!"
hatchback
AG
quote:
i would punch the rental car lady in the face if she said, "sir, I have a beetle for you to drive today!"

+1
schmendeler
AG
i know from talking to enterprise people that they sometimes purposely deactivate the cigarette lighter "so people don't smoke". doesn't make any sense but that's what i was told by the goobers.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Most cars nowadays dont even have cig lighters, just power points/ports (i.e. car doesnt come with Ashtray or cig lighter.

FWIW, Enterprise used to charge people a premium for the beetle in the early 2000s because it was an 'exotic' car.

I used to rent this crack dealer a car every weekend. Usually put him in a Saab or a big body Montero for 169.99 "weekend special"
dubi
AG
Dang, 1Ags "dealer" now brings a whole new meaning!
schmendeler
AG
Yeah I just call the socket the cigarette lighter.
HHH 95
AG
Yeah, they just have a plastic cap on the outlet on this car. There's no coil to heat up and actually light a cigarette.

mustang6tee8
AG
quote:
Kinda makes you wonder what the manufacturer did to it

FIFY
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.